Paypal is unable to verify PAN numbers

Today,
I have received email from paypal quoting that my PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).
My PAN is AA******1Q and is in my name (same name used in paypal) and with correctdate of birth.

I think paypal system is unable to verify right PAN numbers and trageting vlaid accounts and how can i submit another PAN when current one is the only and right one. Now, all i can do is fax the scanned copy of PAN card.

Any body from ebay / PAYPAL reading.

thanks
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

@ audiophileindian

Want to add one more point that we don't require separate PAN Card for Proprietorship firm, in proprietorship firm the PAN card of the proprietor is required. Income Tax only issue's PAN Card for firm's which are Partneship, Ltd or Pvt Ltd.

We have two firm, in partnership firm we have Pan card in name of our firm & in the proprietorship the pan card used is mine.

So I am 100% sure about it & also consulted to our CA. Even my pancard is not showing valid in Paypal. There may be some problem with the validating department or they have just gone mad.

And I don't think ebay is gonna help us on this, they will give a simple reply to contact Paypal.
Message 11 of 50
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Hi, it is more than 72 hours but paypal has not replied to my message in this regard.
Has anybody else received a reply or information from Paypal or eBay .... ????
pl. keep us updated .

regards

Narinder
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Hi Narinder,

PayPal has NOT yet responded to me too. I have also informed this issue to my eBay Account Manager and asked to forward this issue to PayPal from their end.

eBay should come forward to get this issue resolved soon. Our PayPal account is SUSPENDED, we cannot receive PayPal payments, withdraw funds or even list items on eBay International sites accepting PayPal payments. Due to this there is a loss to eBay too along with us.

Seema, please update us with eBay proceedings and help us resolve this issue at the earliest.

Regards,
M.Zaman

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

electro-mad-netics
Community Member
Got reply from Paypal
------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

Hello, my name is Antonette from PayPal Customer Service.

I understand that it may be frustrating to suddenly have limited account
access, and we really appreciate your cooperation in helping us to
resolve this issue.

I have reviewed your account carefully and I can see that your account
has been submitted with high priority for it to be reviewed immediately.
I am personally working with our Account Review department and I can
assure you that once there's an update about the limitations review we
will notify you as soon as possible via email.

It is our intention to reply to our customers within 24 hours. However,
due to a system upgrade, our response time has been delayed and we are
diligently working to reply to each email received. We apologize for
this delay. Your understanding and patience are very much appreciated.

We are always happy to hear from our PayPal members. We take pride in
our service, and it is a pleasure for us to know that you are a
satisfied PayPal customer. We hope youโ€™ll tell your friends about our
service.

Sincerely,
Antonette
PayPal, an eBay Company
-------------------
Message 14 of 50
latest reply

electro-mad-netics
Community Member
@ new-pinch.in
--------------------------
No, i dont think multiple paypal accounts with same PAN number is the reason. I have never ever used my PAN card
and have only one paypal account. Just few days ago after paypal's last warning, i searched my PAN card and entered the details.
--------------------------
While talking to my friends (mostly web developers), it is observed that Invalid PAN thing is happening with Paypal Business accounts only, i have met only one person who received Invalid PAN message and has a personal account. I think it is happening with business accounts because Paypal is checking business account first and then come to premier and personal account.

Mailing and calling Paypal is of no use. Many people wasted their time and money on international calls and after almost 1 hour long call, all they got is assurance like we have forward your problem to concerned department.

According to one person (dont know how much truth in it), Paypal people told him it is happening due to some mismatch in middle name column/row in Paypal and IT department.... means people who did the coding for veryfying PAN are fools.
Message 15 of 50
latest reply

Hi all,

PayPal issue has been resolved. I have received e-mail from PayPal mentioning "You can now receive payments into your PayPal account. Your information
will be stored in our secure servers."
Nisha and Seema (eBay Pinks) too have informed about this good news and now my PayPal account is active once again.

Regards,
M.Zaman

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

electro-mad-netics
Community Member
Same situation for me. Even got a call from paypal (i think from USA- number shown is +301). They asked for some details - only email and bank account and repeated same sentences .... case ahd been transferred to executive... will try to solve this problem within 24 hours etc. .... blah blah
How many members are still affected from this problem ?

thanks
Message 17 of 50
latest reply

Not many sellers are affected. These are minor problems. Will be resolved. Wish you happy selling.
Message 18 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
Today I received mail from PayPal that they cant match my name with my PAN number.
I wrote them a mail and they replied almost immediately.
In reply to their this mail I sent scans of both sides of my PAN card.
Since many of you faced this issue earlier, please guide me if I am on the right track.
I am a long time tax payer. Do not understand why after so many days they raise this issue.
Please guide me friedns.
Thank you very much in anticipation,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 19 of 50
latest reply

Hi Amitava Ji,

When I log in to my PayPal account I get an alert message to update my name on PayPal as it is in my PAN Card. But when I wrote them to update my name (in PayPal I have used the abbrv of Mohammed as Md.), they replied me that it is a technical error by PayPal and I have not to do anything for it. PayPal is joking with us by giving us extra tension now and then. :^O

Regards,

Message 20 of 50
latest reply