Paypal is unable to verify PAN numbers

Today,
I have received email from paypal quoting that my PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).
My PAN is AA******1Q and is in my name (same name used in paypal) and with correctdate of birth.

I think paypal system is unable to verify right PAN numbers and trageting vlaid accounts and how can i submit another PAN when current one is the only and right one. Now, all i can do is fax the scanned copy of PAN card.

Any body from ebay / PAYPAL reading.

thanks
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

cosycom
Community Member
Hi. I have also found my Paypal account limited for same reason where as my existing PAN number with Paypal is perfectly correct .
I have written to paypal customer support for the same and waiting for a reply from them .

In the meantime perhaps we will have to shut our business at ebay since no Paypal payments will be coming .

regards
Narinder
Message 2 of 50
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Even I am facing the same issue. We have provided the exact name, date of birth and the PAN information. But still they say as its verification has been failed and limit has been initiated on my PayPal account.

eBay India team needs to act on the issue as soon as possible. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

venusjewellers-india
Community Member
Hello i am also facing the same problem of invalid pan,, i have added pannumber still showing invalid and account is limited,,
concern authorities of ebay/paypal pls chk this
Message 4 of 50
latest reply

email Paypal a scanned copy of your PAN card and it will be OK.
StopandShop
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
eBay.in pinks are requested to officially inform the exact situation and remedy at the earliest .... otherwise we are going to lose a considerable international business for no fault at our end.

This situation may delay in shipments to our customers due to non transfer of Paypal payments in our bank account or perhaps we will have to refund the payments to customers and we may get negative feedbacks from customers .

hope for a fast reply from eBay.in

regards

Narinder
Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Dear Members,

We would request you to wait for a communication from the PayPal team.

Alternatively, you can reach out to the PayPal customer Support team by following the steps mentioned below.

1)Logon to PayPal
2)Click on โ€œContact usโ€ at the bottom of the page
3)You can speak to the PayPal team by clicking on the link โ€œCall us โ€œ or write to them by clicking on the "Send us" link.

Regards,
Seema
Message 7 of 50
latest reply

hi.
I think i know the reason. I had the same problem. And the cause was having two paypal accounts with same pan number. Paypal will not accept it second time. May be you forgot that you had a paypal account earlier and submitted the same pan number.
Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Hi all,

Same with me too. I have written to PayPal customer support yesterday itself but not yet received any response.

All sales and item relistings have been restricted for PayPal transactions. So, no business till PayPal resumes its service to Indian Sellers.

There is no PayPal CS's e-mail address to attach the scanned copy and send it to them for their preview.

Also, I have just one PayPal account and I have provided my correct PAN information to them.

Hope this issue gets resolved soon otherwise we are going to loose international business.

Regards,

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Thanks to Ebay and everybody for replies.
I request Narinderji, Navaneethji and others to please read the following lines and check whether the reason is same or there's any other reason.

Yes, I am waiting for paypal's response but I think it will be a long wait and useless reply.

Why is it happening? Here is my personal opinion (after searching thoroughly various forums).
I think paypal is verifying my business info against my PAN and thatโ€™s where the problem is.

Let me clear. I had opened my paypal account in my name thatโ€™s is Ma*** Y*** with correct address,
DOB and phone number. After some time, I had applied for IEC (importer exporter code). I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s true or not but clerks there told me IECs are issued to firms/companies and not to individuals. They also told me that I should possess a current bank account in the name of firm /company. So I opened a bank account in PNB (firm name was Mg** International and I, Ma*** Y***, was the sole proprietor of this firm). It was also mentioned in
IEC, stamp papers and bank account.

Then I upgraded my paypal premier account to business account with above details that is
Business Name : Mg** International
Type of ownership: Sole proprietor

Individual name, address, DOB and all other details remained the same.

That was 4 or 5 years ago. In the early months of this year (2011) when paypal asked for PAN, I had added my PAN to my paypal account. But now (Sep 2011) paypal limited my account quoting that PAN is invalid.

I have heard that paypal has hired a third party to validate the PAN of Indian accounts. I want to know
what are the fields (personal name/ business name or both) that are used to validate my PAN?
If its business name, then there is no surprise they have found my PAN invalid.
If itโ€™s personal name, my PAN is perfectly valid and itโ€™s also used to obtain IEC / bank accounts and can be checked at Indian Govt IT website.
If both, then I think the people validating PANs are not sincere enough and they are not checking both, one by one (Business and personal name) and submitting partial reports to Paypal.

I request ebay India authorities to contact Paypal about this issue and describe the situation discussed above. If itโ€™s true, then cure is simple, paypal should add a radio button next to PAN submitting box (with two fields: 1- PAN issued in personal name and 2 - PAN issued in Business name). So paypal user can select the appropriate option and then paypal should validate PAN again that info.

It is seriously affecting business and hard earned REPUTATION of years is at stake. Currently I am unable to receive/request any kind of funds due to limited Paypal
account. Paypal says I could still add/remove bank accounts but in reality it is not possible to REMOVE bank account/s now. Since paypal does not allow one bank
account with another paypal account, both of my bank accounts added to discussed paypal account are useless now. I also have one paypal personal account and I
can not use this as a temporary measure because now I can not add my bank accounts to this account.

What's happening is not good? International trading is not easy in India. We have faced enough problems in getting IEC, opening current bank account (dalal etc and
bribing from top to bottom). And majority of post offices treat us as smugglers (No! not allowed, isme kya hai, are kapde me pack kar ke lao dhang se, arey ye nahi bheja ja sakta, khol ke lao, kuch chai\pani ke liye to do).

I am not with corrupt govt but with ebay. But if problem will remain the same I have to file an RTI complaint- on what basis my PAN has been rejected?

There are some other serious issues with paypal which I will discuss in my next thread (like they are using wrong and dead links to verify the status of traceable
International items posted through India Post and deciding the case in favour of buyers on same basis).

My paypal account hardly touches $400 or $500 mark and average monthly sell is within this region. So I am not a VIP for paypal and neither a big fish for RBI.
Even if they restore my account, there are several other members who are going through same situation. So I request ebay India to contact paypal. It is the best and
fastest option to resolve the problem.

Thanks
Message 10 of 50
latest reply