International Selling FAQs

Hi Friends,

I will try to answer your queries related to International Selling through this thread.

I request all other senior eBay sellers engaged international trade to share their knowledge through this thread.

By sharing experience and knowledge, we can only gain by creating a larger market.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa Baldiwala

Please do not send me any personal message through eBay messages. I will try to answer all your queries through this thread only. Personal messages will be ignored.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Simply upgrade your eBay account on eBay.in to a Businss Account. No need for any other formality as of yet.

Message 21 of 54
latest reply

Thanks for Reply .

Message 22 of 54
latest reply

I trust the issue is resolved. No Govt. formality is needed in this. Just change your personal eBay account to Business..

Go to My eBay > Account > Personal Information > Business Information (Put a Business Name here like XYX Stores) and Save....

In this way, your eBay account turns into a Business Account..

Message 23 of 54
latest reply

Dear all Sellers,

Today Me and sellers like who selling on international require some clarification on few points

1. selling ebay internationally legal on ebay ?

2. can we ship item with invoice mentioning free trade smaple or require commercial invoice to sell single items to invidual buyers   internationally ?

3. if we require commercial invoice ,commercial export require lots of  formalities and expensive, if we sell low value items

4. who will give FIRC ?

These all small things also need to be resolved with this whole issue,as we will all face such things in near future,so lets discuss about it till the whole issue is resolved,& i request to ebay staff & to higher volume sellers to help us regarding this so that we can all follow the same procedure..

Regards
Krishna
Message 24 of 54
latest reply

Hello,

You have asked this same question several times and it has already been replied earlier in details.

Message 25 of 54
latest reply

Hi Real Phoenix

I am a new seller in ebay.in & want to sell on ebay.com also. I was approached by a representative of ebay.com recently who told me to open two seperate accounts , current one for india & new one for usa. I opened a new account also according to his guidance. Now,  I read your above comments in which you have mentioned that I should go for one account only. I am confused now, please advise what to do.

Thanks

Jaskaran 

Message 26 of 54
latest reply

Even i have same issue.

Message 27 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustufa,

Hope u r doing fine.

I have a question why have you blocked so many countries from sending the parcels to

Excludes: APO/FPO, Mexico, Yemen, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Vatican City State, Bahrain, Thailand, Portugal, Lebanon, Sweden, Sri Lanka, Israel, Kuwait, Jordan, Luxembourg, Oman, Canada, Turkey, Germany, United Arab Emirates, France, Argentina, Italy, Middle East, South Africa

Is there any issues in dispatching the parcels to.

Please do let me know as I am very new to this business . Is there any type of issues sending parcel via india post sample packet to above mentioned excluded countries. ?

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,

Arun

Message 28 of 54
latest reply

Dear Jaskaran,

The only reason I do not advise for multiple accounts is because it becomes difficult to answer the messages and many times one of the account gets neglected.. Please do not consider me as a final authority. I may have a little more experience but I am certainly not the most knowledgeable person. 

eBay representatives have a different perspective to it compared to an eBay businessman. 

Generally it is observed that buyers from India are a lot more demanding than the international buyers and the Indian buyers leave Lower DSRs or negative feedback very quickly. If you check the Feedback ratings of Indian sellers, you will find too many of them having  feedback rating between 98% to 99% while the sellers operating on International market have a feedback rating between 98% to 100%. Lot of Indian sellers on International market are able to maintain the feedback rating exceeding 99.5% which is fantastic because the International shipments have more tendency to get lost or detained by customs. This is because an International customer is more risk takeer and more evolved..(These are all very generalized view point).

The eBay representatives want you to maintain 2 separate accounts - one for India and one for international so that your feedback are divided and your international account is not affected by the negatives given by local buyers.

I trust this answers your query.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa

Message 29 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustufa,

Hope you are doing fine.

I have one question to you. How should I convert negative feedback to positive feedback when customer is ready to change the feedback.

Can you provide step by steep process so that I can askcustomer to change the negative feedback to positive.

My buyer wants to change the feedback to positive from negative.

Please suggest how to proceed with these types of cases.

Regards,

Arun

Message 30 of 54
latest reply