International Selling FAQs

Hi Friends,

I will try to answer your queries related to International Selling through this thread.

I request all other senior eBay sellers engaged international trade to share their knowledge through this thread.

By sharing experience and knowledge, we can only gain by creating a larger market.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa Baldiwala

Please do not send me any personal message through eBay messages. I will try to answer all your queries through this thread only. Personal messages will be ignored.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Regd. Airmail and Speed Post can be tracked online.

Regd. Parcels are not tracked online.

For Regd. Airmail and Speed Post, the best tracking site is: http://www.17track.net

@simcshandicrafts wrote:

Dear Real.Phoneix,

Hope you are doing fine.

I just wanted to ask you that whenever we send parcels via india post that is via registered letter sample packet service we get a docut number(CD0104XXXXIN)  mentioned on the slip .

I see that majority of my parcels are tracked via http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ . But sometimes there are parcels which are not getting tracked... its shows  No information available.

Do you think even these parcels reach their destionation even though I can't get any info regarding the parcel status.

Please let me know is there anything to worry.

Regards.

@simcshandicrafts wrote:

Dear Real.Phoneix,

Hope you are doing fine.

I just wanted to ask you that whenever we send parcels via india post that is via registered letter sample packet service we get a docut number(CD0104XXXXIN)  mentioned on the slip .

I see that majority of my parcels are tracked via http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ . But sometimes there are parcels which are not getting tracked... its shows  No information available.

Do you think even these parcels reach their destionation even though I can't get any info regarding the parcel status.

Please let me know is there anything to worry.

Regards.

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

But till now I have atleast got information that the parcel has been OTB from India via  http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

I have sent three parcels to one individual for which I have three different Docut no. One docut nuber shows the parcel has been OTB but other two says that NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE.

REgards,

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

All Countries in South America

All Countries in Central America and Carribean

Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania in Europe

Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turmenistan in Asia

These countries will not show any result for 2 or 3 days. Then they will be displayed if you chek on 17track.net

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

I posted a separate question on "The right way to sell internationally".

Could you please detail the right way to do this? Recently, I listed on eBay.com, and got a fairly good response, but the US isn't all. There are buyers from other countries too (Canada, UK. Europe, Japan, Australia). How do I reach them? Do I have to list my items on eBay sites of each these countries (which is a cumbersome thing).

From the response I got on eBay.com, it was certain that only buyers from the US where able to view my item.

How do I list so buyers globally can view my items?

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.
Message 14 of 54
latest reply

Dear Friend,

Please don't list on al the sites because it will cost you lot of money.

You can just list on ebay.com

It will display to all the sites.

If you wish, you can add international visibility to ebay.co.uk by paying USD 0.50/-

If you have lot of items that have huge competition (like cosmetics, herbals etc), then you can list the items in different country specific websites. But that would certainly cost you lot of money.

I list only on eBay USA and UK.

Message 15 of 54
latest reply

@ Norman 1066,

Just forgot to add one thing.

I have made an internal statistical data and find that 86% of my buyers purchase from ebay USA (ebay.com).

Many UK based buyers are included in this.

Hence, even if you list only on eBay USA, then it will suffice your requirements. Most of the buyers from Europe login to eBay.com rather than their country specific websites.

Message 16 of 54
latest reply

I cannot sell above 5000 thousand rupees per month how can solve this issue with eBay
Message 17 of 54
latest reply

Hello Members,

I have been noticing that there is drop in sales for the last 3 to 4 days. Any body noticing the same.

Please share your views.

Regards

Message 18 of 54
latest reply

Those are Selling Limits. Your performance is good. If you contact eBay Executive, they will increase you selling limits.

Message 19 of 54
latest reply

Hello Fellow sellers ,

I was doing gud on ebay.com and ebay.uk but recently they banned me on UK saying that I need to have business account to sell more , Also my turnover will be more than 5 Lakhs this year by selling on ebay.com so what kind of formallities I have to do regarding Sales tax registration / Firm / Vat and all . Right now money comes in my savings account via paypal .  Which ITR form you guys fill ?I would like to do all legally so kindly guide me further . PS. I sell clothing only .

Thanks !!

Message 20 of 54
latest reply