International Selling FAQs

Hi Friends,

I will try to answer your queries related to International Selling through this thread.

I request all other senior eBay sellers engaged international trade to share their knowledge through this thread.

By sharing experience and knowledge, we can only gain by creating a larger market.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa Baldiwala

Please do not send me any personal message through eBay messages. I will try to answer all your queries through this thread only. Personal messages will be ignored.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Thanks for this post. 

I have a query in international selling.

Is it a good idea to use seperate id to sell in domestic market and international markets?

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

I don't think so because maintaining multiple accounts is sometimes difficult. It won't make any difference on sales if you use separate accounts.

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustufa,

Does creating an ebay store make difference in your sales ?   I am getting sales once in 3 or 5 days some times more,,, I want sales everyday .

What can be done in order to incease more exposure to my listings.

Please suggest as my manager says create an ebay store.. that will makedifference

Would appreciate your suggestions and tips.

Regards..

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

Hi,

eBay store will certainly boost your sales more than what eBay projects. If you are receiving 5 orders in a week then you can expect at least 8 to 10 orders in a week.

You will incurr less Listing Fees.

When you do not have a store, the buyer checks your listing only through the eBay search result page whereas with a store, the buyer gets 2 more options - to check your listings through Store Icon and directly entering your store categories by clicking the store links on left pane of your eBay listing.

Once a buyer enters your store the probability of purchasing from you increases tremendously.

Secondly, a store also creates a psychological effect on buyer that you are a professional seller.

Not only you should open a store but you should also list more items. List as many items possible in one domain (like I have selected health and beauty).

Good Luck to you.

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

To increase exposure of your listings:

1) Check all possible key words used in UK, USA and EU markets for a particular product. For example, a Lunghi in India is searched as Sarong or Beach Cloth...

2) List more items. Your sales are directly proportional to your number of listings

3) Open store in ebay USA (ebay.com)

4) Take care to use US and UK key words such as Color / Colour

5) Keep your prices reasonable. Don't be expensive.

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

@real.phoenix wrote:

To increase exposure of your listings:

1) Check all possible key words used in UK, USA and EU markets for a particular product. For example, a Lunghi in India is searched as Sarong or Beach Cloth...

2) List more items. Your sales are directly proportional to your number of listings

3) Open store in ebay USA (ebay.com)

4) Take care to use US and UK key words such as Color / Colour

5) Keep your prices reasonable. Don't be expensive.

Hi,

I am yet to open an sellers account on ebay, just wanted to know are there any selling charges to be paid to ebay as i m confused how much to pay if sold goods internationally.  I have spare parts of Outboard Motors to be sold.

Regards,

Sanuja

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

Please don't ask for the expenses of upbringing a child before you marry.. It will take the fun out of your honeymoon. 😄

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Dear Real.Phoneix,

Hope you are doing fine.

I just wanted to ask you that whenever we send parcels via india post that is via registered letter sample packet service we get a docut number(CD0104XXXXIN)  mentioned on the slip .

I see that majority of my parcels are tracked via http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ . But sometimes there are parcels which are not getting tracked... its shows  No information available.

Do you think even these parcels reach their destionation even though I can't get any info regarding the parcel status.

Please let me know is there anything to worry.

Regards.

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

Hi,

Registered Airmail and Speed Post can be tracked.

Registered Parcels are not tracked. You need to contact Post Office for that.

Reg. Airmail can be tracked as under:

For US based shipments: USPS Track and Confirm

For All others: http://www.17track.net

For Russia: http://www/trackitonline.ru

Regards,

Mustufa

Message 10 of 54
latest reply