cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report eBay internal Fraud on international transactions?

Hi,

Is there a way to report Fraud within eBay? I mean, I know and I am going to post this on as many social networks as I can, but I would like to know if such activities can be brought to justice, quicker!

Not all, but some sellers do seem to take advantage of international selling laws.

I (ebay: slimynicky) am currently put up in India and on Sep 23, 2014, I purchased an iPhone 6 - 64GB (Item# ***) from eBay USA. The name of the seller is ***and he/she is from OR, USA. I paid $910 for a phone that is only worth $749. However the premium was becuase, I wanted to have the phone early in India. I agreed to pay that money and I was charged an additional $77.55 for shipping, customs and duties.

Now I have received the phone after 50 days!!! And I had to pay an additional $380 as customs/duties.

I demand justice to the following 3 questions from eBay:

1. eBay claims that it offers 100% money back guarantee if the product is not delivered within 30 days. When I raised a case in the resolution center after 30 days, It was closed favoring the seller, in less than a week. In other words, it was clear to me after 38 days since purchase, I would never receive the money even if the product was lost!!! Is this how eBay guarantee works?
  2. I was charged $77.55 for shipping, customs and duties. Why was I charged $380 again? I know eBay doesn't care about this at this point in time but I feel obligated to know the answer to this question! Will eBay refund this?
  3. After all this, I decided to leave a negative feedback on this transaction because I felt cheated beacuse of eBay. This negative feedback was removed by the eBay team because they claim that I left that feedback out of rage!

Is there any way to report this kind of fraud to higher officials within eBay or Government Agencies because, at this point in time, I am the only person who knows that this seller (***) is a fraud, and that, eBay such sellers for reasons I do not know. Can someone help me find justice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

u should know all this before purchase.........now only option u have is to pay that duty amount and get the phone....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It sounds like you're threatening me sir!!!

• Had I known that I would receive the product after 2 months, I would never have ordered for it, in the first place.
  • Had I known that eBay's Money Back Guaratee was just another marketing fraud, I would have not ordered on eBay.
  • Also, if someone had warned me that eBay would do everthying possible to cover up its mistakes, I wouldn't have ordered it either.
  • And last of all, had I known that I would have to pay 2X the cost of the product after all this frustration, I would have rather thrown my money down the drain and had more fun watching it flush down!!

I don't mean to sound rude, but I prefer to hear from someone who knows the value of hard-earned money!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You have to report to the cyber fraud department.  Look for the appropriate email/contact info of the cyber fraud/crime department and lodge an official complaint to expose ebay and the seller. Law will take its course then.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Similar case happens to me as well but eBay refunded me. I think it is not the error of the seller it's the India post and government rules.If you further looking for suit a case against eBay you can try consumer forum.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply