cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EMS tracking showing "Handed over to customs"

vzilla912
Community Member
Hi Guys
I lived in India and i purchased a pair of soccer boot on ebay.com from a seller from china and this is my tracking status:
Date/Time (GMT+8) Location Activity
2009-10-22 19:02:00 JIADING Posting
2009-10-23 09:33:00 1844 Despatch from Sorting Center
2009-10-23 19:24:52 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center
2009-10-24 02:23:27 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
2009-10-28 09:04:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Arrival at Sorting Center
2009-10-28 12:07:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Handed over to Customs

So can anyone please kindly tell me "handed over to customs" is a normal procedure or there is a problem.
The seller has marked the item as gift and its value as 40$ but the real value is 160$.Does gift item required an invoice?
Thank you
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

dear why do u purchase from abroad as its a work of an importer who has iec code. if u want puchase online go with ebays global easybuy... i dont think it will be released before a month and u hv to pay a big penalty to the customs
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

vzilla912
Community Member
Hello
I dont have a choice to purchase it from other site cause this is the soccer boot i am looking for and it is only a pair of shoes and marked as gift that will be considered as importer?
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Every bit of mail must pass through customs,but most of them are released immediately.Some are charged for duties.This is common practice in all countries.
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

vzilla912
Community Member
Do you have any idea how much time it normally take to get released from custom because i have seen it some case people saying that the package never made it out of the customs.
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Hi,

Usually small parcels which are low in value are cleared wihout any customs duty. However since it shows handed over to customs the situation is dicey.

It all now depends on the offer assesing your product. If you have the time, you can visit the EMS customs office near domestihc airport and speak with the customs officer.

Currently the maximum rate of customs duty is 26%, so that would come to about Rs.2000/-.

I have an agent who handles EMS post and will charge about rs.1000/- as agency charges, if you are interested, do contact me.

Devesh
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

vzilla912
Community Member
Its just a pair of soccer shoes so for personal use so why would it cause any trouble?and its marked as gift and the value is marked as 40$.
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

hi, according to indian coustom law every purchase or gift- cif price over 20 usd is liable for paying import duty
i hope coustom dept will contact u for paying the coustomduty to relaese the parcel
for more quires mail me-sales@vexports.com
thanks
arun
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

vzilla912
Community Member
thank you guys for the helpful answers.i hope the parcel which reach my address as soon as possible.
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

vijay.wayne
Community Member
Hey Devesh,
I need an agency's help in clearing EMS parcel from Mumbai. How can i contact you?
Message 10 of 32
latest reply