cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Duties and taxes on Importing Tablet Phone's LCD Display from Hong Kong

I want to buy a LCD display for Samsung Tab 3 T311 from a HONG KONG seller selling at price $45.90.

I never done international shopping before. 

So, curious to know:

Would be any custom duties ?

If so, Do I have to clear custom and how ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes.  A Tablet will attract a duty. In fact, anything that it imported will attract a duty. On tablet, the duty could be around 40% of market value. The market value is decided by the evaluating officer at IndiaPost FPO where your shipment is landed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm buying just a Spare part for my Tabet.  It's just a display. 

40% is too high.

I would rather drop the deal.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm buying just a Spare part for my Tabet. It's just a display.
Are they gonna cost me 40% of Tablet's MRP.
Is it complicated to clear customs?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No. Clearing customs is absolutely simple. You will receive a call from the Post Office and they will ask you to collect it and pay the duty.  If the product is non-dutiable then it will be directly delivered to you. There is absolutely no hassle even if it is dutiable. People at IndiaPost customs are usually co-operative.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

noo-pk4
Community Member
Plz tel me how can i buy tab from ebay .i am from pakistan.i want to buy galaxy tab .its price is very reasonable here.i cant belive .plz tell me detail how can i buy and how many extra charges apart from price which is displayd
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

hello phoenix

I have experiance of dhl ,aramex but new in importing by post office, my seller send carton of 10 kg via post he also mark items HScode ,its price ,weight and send, Now i do not know how to clear customs, are they call me? if they call me from where Customs office delhi ,i need to go delhi and paying duti their ? or call from my local post office ? or i need to pay at icegate ? i also have IE code, but i not mark it on parcel ,any idea wats next plz help

Message 7 of 7
latest reply