cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

the claim department rejected my claim.

the claim department rejected my claim without giving proper reasons. they took in consideration to a fake delivery address given by the seller, which of course is very differnt from my shipping address and rejected my claim for refund. the claim deaprtment cant see which is the given shipping address???  how do they opt in favour of a seller when the seller has shipped the item to some other address and not to mine ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I also had such an experience like aneeshpattali. I ordered a Galaxy Note II from Ebay. NExt day I received the message from ebay that the item is shipped by speedpost and the tracking number was also provided. But the seller had given wrong address and it was not delievred. I went to speedpost centre and found that the seller gave only my name and PIN code correctly, alll other information, including phone number was wrong. He sent only a blank cover (less than 20 gms) instead of sending phone!! I raised ebay claim and also sent scanned images of the cover. After braking my head with ebay customer service for more than a week, they approved refund.

So I can say that ebay gurantee is not false. It is really working. But I found the following areas should be improved:

1. There is long wait time to call ebay customer service. Each time I had to spend about 30 minutes to complete the talking.

2. The claim adjuster assigned to the complaintant is not always available. Each time I ask for that person, I get reply that he is not available. So this delays things. We have to talk all over again and again to each new person at call centre.

3. IF we send email to ebay, they don't respond promptly. If they replied properly, such long calls to call centre is not required.

As many people pointed out, I also feel it is better to avoid high value transactions with ebay. Of course I have done many high value transaction without issues, but at times our money gets blocked for a long time.

Another inherent problem with ebay is that they don't have any control over the seller in shipping the item. ebay enevr know what the sellecr is actually shipping. I think flipkart, indiatimesshopping etc. ships the items from their warehouse after obtaining from the seller. That way authenticity of the item is ensured.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

pnkj_rthr
Community Member

i faced similar issue today.

E-Bay service is pathetic . They are simply cheating people.

I ordered one Nikon camera after reading review on Net. The piece is received is not at all par in terms of quality of pictures it takes from day one. I raised  refund request by these Ebay ppl are so rude . first they didnt speak properly and in addition to that asking me to follow up with manufacturer for any issue.

People generally purchange from online retailers for peace of mind. If from day one only i have to run around service center than what the point of ordering from e-retailers like ebay particularly.

There service junk big time.

i recommend never by anything from the

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have ordered a kurti from ebay. I got a damaged piece so I asked for refund but they have rejected my claim. I need my money back at any cause. My order number***

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ordered an iphone 6 from eBay almost a month back.

was sent a refurbished phone which stopped working within 20 minutes of switching it on (right in the middle of set up); kept hanging etc 

raised a claim on 9th may. NO UPDATES RECEIVED TILL DATE

Intend to take legal action against the eBay team. 

HORRIBLE SERVICES.

@zacharia63 wrote:

I also had such an experience like aneeshpattali. I ordered a Galaxy Note II from Ebay. NExt day I received the message from ebay that the item is shipped by speedpost and the tracking number was also provided. But the seller had given wrong address and it was not delievred. I went to speedpost centre and found that the seller gave only my name and PIN code correctly, alll other information, including phone number was wrong. He sent only a blank cover (less than 20 gms) instead of sending phone!! I raised ebay claim and also sent scanned images of the cover. After braking my head with ebay customer service for more than a week, they approved refund.

So I can say that ebay gurantee is not false. It is really working. But I found the following areas should be improved:

1. There is long wait time to call ebay customer service. Each time I had to spend about 30 minutes to complete the talking.

2. The claim adjuster assigned to the complaintant is not always available. Each time I ask for that person, I get reply that he is not available. So this delays things. We have to talk all over again and again to each new person at call centre.

3. IF we send email to ebay, they don't respond promptly. If they replied properly, such long calls to call centre is not required.

As many people pointed out, I also feel it is better to avoid high value transactions with ebay. Of course I have done many high value transaction without issues, but at times our money gets blocked for a long time.

Another inherent problem with ebay is that they don't have any control over the seller in shipping the item. ebay enevr know what the sellecr is actually shipping. I think flipkart, indiatimesshopping etc. ships the items from their warehouse after obtaining from the seller. That way authenticity of the item is ensured.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Ebay is worse site ever.ebay send me defectife mobile.i reship the mobile during claim.bt it can' t give me phone or my money 15000 rs.i wanted to open the case in consumer court.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

marvaarju
Community Member
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

marvaarju
Community Member
May claim cenchel May payment ritan
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Sir my claim ID is 2531452. I have 5 December is kept constantly in touch with you again and again, I'm going to have 24 to 72 hours and do not have any solution, enough time has passed since my trust in you is going to move, I think, being that I ignore. My claim to quickly solve the current I have to see the way the consumer court.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

pankagoe-5
Community Member
Jan 8
Sir my claim ID is 2655355. I have 1 February is kept constantly in touch with you again and again, I'm going to have 24 to 72 hours and do not have any solution, enough time has passed since my trust in you is going to move, I think, being that I ignore. My claim to quickly solve the current I have to see the way the consumer court.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply