Uninformed octroi charges

giananitushar
Community Member
This is really really bad. As per ebay only the amount shown on the screen was suppose to be charged but the courier guy took Rs.500 extra as octroi charges. I was not aware of this and I might report this to consumer forum if required. I will never buy from ebay again. Never Ever!!!!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@giananitushar...

If you live in an octroi zone, it is your duty to keep yourself informed about octroi charges, what will the seller do, he has mentioned in the listing that "octroi is payable by the buyer", what more do you expect. If you want to vent out your anger do it on your state government (take your state government to consumer court) and not by giving a Negative feedback to the seller. Please understand that the octroi amount is not going in the seller's pocket.
StopandShop
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

sunwebsolutions
Community Member
it is the sellers responsibility to mention it in his listing that octroi will be charged extra if seller has mentioned and then buyer is now complaining then its buyers fault, but if seller has not mentioned in his listing that octroi will b extra then its sellers mistake and he should refund the octroi charges
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

get2harsh
Community Member
Well in my case, it was not mentioned on the seller page about Buyer paying for the octroi, if it is mentioned, yes one will have to pay and seller should not bear the charge as it is a tax, but if its not mentioned, anyone would assume that everything is already paid for. Also online stores such as Flipkart, it is clearly mentioned that buyer pays only the amount thats shown on website, i.e. price is inclusive of everything. No octroi no nothing extra. Ebay should inform all its seller about putting this on their page.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It is seller's duty to inform the buyer on listing page. If not, then ebay's fault.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

saifyp
Community Member
Seller should ensure that all the charges are mentioned on checkout page so that customer is aware on the charges which has to borne by them against each item.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm charged uniformed octroi. With demonatization happening. The delivery guy is asking for cash. Really bad ebay. Never shopping again

Message 7 of 7
latest reply