Problem with claim ID 737614

sap1025
Community Member

I bought nokia 530 on ebay.in which advertised it as new and unused product. However, I received used product that is defective. I reported the issue to ebay.in but was told to contact Nokia. My question is why shall I contact Nokia if the seller has sold used product on ebay by falsely advertising it as new, unused, and unopened product. Beside my multiple messages to ebay, I am not getting any support. I request you to look into the issue and resolve. Else, I am left with no option but to go to consumer court asking for complete refund as well as to request compensation for harrasment.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

sap1025
Community Member

For knowledge of everyone, I posted feedback that the seller has sold used product. eBay has removed the feedback (note that language was as per guidelines of ebay policy). I doubt that either ebay has special consideration for the seller or is taking money from sellers to resolve dispute in their favor and to remove any negative feedback. With my experience, I feel that ebay has sold out their ethics for sake of quick money under pressure from their parent company. Compared to Amazon, eBay stands null in their support to catch fraudulent sellers. Nevertheless, their opinion that people just threaten but dont go to consumer court would not stand now. I found it very easy to have application lined up for hearing in consumer court. I strongly recommend all those who are cheated by ebay sellers to approach the consumer court. We have to kick such platform out of india.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

ebay is a fake company.it provide local product then it has not initiate any refund. it is a froad company. i suggest you to all that not make any buying from ebay.othrwise you losse your money.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply