Opnening Food Product Related Shop

sparxeng
Community Member
So I have a stock of dog food which I want to finish selling online or offline. I may get regular stock of this dog food and I guess i can sell online instead of letting sit there for months.

I want to know what type of local selling formalities I have to do to sell pet food? I mean while selling online in ebay or some other site, what are the formalities that needs to be done in order to avoid any legal implications?Things like say VAT No, separate PAN etc. I want to know the legal stuff but unfortunately i don't have many local people to guide me in this town. So I am asking this online before opening the shop at ebay.

I would appreciate if anyone helps for opening shop with ebay india and helps me guide for legal stuff ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you have a vat number, pan etc? If you have to sell regularly you would require these documents.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

VAT no is not required now. if you cross over 5lack sales in a year , then you are required to obtain one. But for starting and i think you do not have offline store. So, there is no problem as of now to start. But once you take it seriously to sell, then it is recommended to have VAT registered.
keep listing on ebay with you VAT as of now. see how it goes and decide later( whether you take it as full time or part time) For part time seller with less than 5lack turnover, VAT is not required.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply