Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

We are Double Power Sellers on eBay having Two Premium Stores but still the support and feedback from our present so-called account managers is minimum.

The last time they called us was during November, 2010.

We have the email request pending since last three months for DOW credit but it is still to come to our account.

We also raised another request by email for extension of our express remittance of another account since one of our payment of last month was not remitted to us due to over limit issue.

Before we were powersellers and not subscribed to premium stores then, we used to enjoy better support with our previous account managers. When we switched to advanced stages then, it should have been better than as of now.

We have no grudge against our account managers. The only thing we need is the timely support and feedback for the issued faced by us.

We hope that eBay will look into the matter and do the needful.
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 2 of 124
latest reply

rumasign
Community Member
Our account was limited restricted due to Low DSR in October 2010.

Upon reviewing our account history eBay T&S team confirmed that they have noted significant improvements in our buyer satisfaction. And we received an email from eBay on 13th Dec. about the Restricted Account Reinstatement- ruchi.manish of our account.

But till today our account is restricted & we are not able to list/relist any of our products on ebay.

We have received an email on 18th Dec. 2010 from Mr. Mehul Prajapati (VCustomer) informing that he is our a/c account manager. We are trying to call him on given numner (022-66041215) but we cant connect on this number.

We sent 5 emails till date for this issue to inrswebhelp@ebay.com but none of our email has responded by eBay so far.

Kindly you are requested to review this matter & take necessary action at the earliest.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Ruchi Dharadhar
(Rumasign)
Message 3 of 124
latest reply

Dear Ambareesh, I was called for the meeting of sellers at eBay office when the plans to implement the Paisapay COD system was underway. I did accept the proposal (though I felt that 40 days to receive my payment was too long a time) My first order was on 13th Nov 2010 and till today I have not received my payment for this order and for the subsequent 4 orders too. I approached customer support and all they say is that the issue is taken up now at a higher level. However, I have not yet received my payment. Can you help me to release my payments and also look to th eoption to the payment getting released much earlier that 40 days. Thanking you.V.G.Abraham
Message 4 of 124
latest reply

highskyindia
Community Member
Dear Mr Ambareesh Murty ,
You had started paisa pay COD about 3 to 4 months ago, with great enthusiasm and assurance that the money will reach us within 21 days , I want to bring to your notice that out of my 4 Paisa pay COD transactions we have received remittance only for one transaction, that too after a lot of effort and after 45 days, since then my 3 transactions are pending and we have not received any remittances since then.
The transactions are now more that 60 days old, the amount is about 21K.
Kindly do not explain the reasons for the delay , as that has already been done every time I have contacted CS. but rather please try and understand that how long can a seller wait for his remittances , we also have to meet our expenses, pay our bills which includes your fee also , you have already charged us late fee in our account for the month of Dec 2010 as we were not able to pay the eBay fee on time because the money is stuck with you.
The COD agreement was between eBay and ARAMAX, so if there is a problem with Aramax please don't let sellers suffer.
also if there was problem, you should have informed the sellers not to use COD.
Also please try and understand that monetary part cannot be compensated with any assurances or updates.

Your company was very quick in introducing penalties on sellers for INR, similarly you should have done for the PPCOD remittance then it would have been justified.
I request you to please release all my remittances immediately, as the profit we made has already been converted in to a loss because of the delay.

My PP COD Ids are 27784565767,27854082148,27928603517
Please make sure that now all my remittances are send to me, should not be the case that only one remittance is send to me and again I am asked to wait.
Also we request you to please make an official announcement advising sellers not to use PPCOD, we have already stopped using PPCOD.
Hoping for a positive reply with total remittance and not just update and assurances,
Regards
Akash
Message 5 of 124
latest reply

munish1630172
Community Member
hi,
its me munish vyas from chandigarh.happy new year to all of u guys out there.my question to u is that even if i try too hard to get things through auction my bid never get me the thing.fron 2 days i noticed that when i bid for a specified product wating for 7 hours online at last second i become out bided at last second even when nobody is bidding for the same product.i dont know weather who buys t6hat product.i am intellegence officer so it seem,s to me some thing hanky panky.sorry i may be wronge
Message 6 of 124
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
Dear Mr Ambareesh Murty,

You please make sure that the nexus between some of "eBay.in" employees and Cheating Power Sellers be broken, and also the red-tapism be eliminated in eBay.in
Message 7 of 124
latest reply

highskyindia
Community Member
Update:-):-):-)

within mins after writing my first post, I received a cheque for all my remittances in one go , it was unbelievable, I couldn't believe my eyes.
Faith again has been restored in eBay.in
Thank you guys.
It pays to trust eBay.in

:-):-)
Akash
Message 8 of 124
latest reply

Update

After some time of our post, we received call from our Account Manager. The ER limit has now been enhanced and the commitment to get the DOWs credit before 20th has been made.

We thank eBay for the needful and hope that things get done simultaneously in future without any need to approach the forums in this regard.

:-)
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 9 of 124
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Mr. Murty,

It's great to have you on Community Board.

ebay India has achieved a lot during 2010 .... under your guidance.

Hopefully you would be instrumental in many more milestones in the current year too.

Most of the seasoned Sellers are getting a growth of around 50% or so .... year-on-year .... and that's the best part. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 10 of 124
latest reply