Need to know the escalation matrix.

amitkr_85
Community Member
My refund request was rejected without giving any chance to present my case. The claim personnel has been avoiding my request to talk since then. Can you please tell me what should I do now? How can escalate this issue further? Do I need to go to Consumer court or should I file an FIR in order to get your attention? I am not going to give up on this issue because you guys are responsible for theft(kind of) of my hard-earned money.
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

You may try this - http://deals.ebay.in/cs/grievanceofficer.html

It has step by step escalation matrix. Hope it helps.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

The Escalation MAtrix doesnt work. The SR No. shos as erratic even after multiple pasite options. 

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

johnc_john
Community Member

Please somebody help with escalation matrix in Ebay. they are chaeted me and sice last 15days i am behind them for refund/ Replacement. Everyday some excecutive will pickup the call and say the same story that they are worjking on this......

Be careful before buying anything from Ebay. They will not take any reposibility and your money will be stuck....

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

vsin5807
Community Member

They are the biggest cheater in all online shopping website company. They just try to pass on the blame / claim to other and dnt want to pay or refund our money. I have decided to lodge complaint in consumer helpline. 

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Hi .

I agree on the people's comment posted on ebay.  eBay  HELP SELLERS TO CHEAT , THEY ARE DOING FRAUD BUSINESS IN INDIA.   I urge goverment to close this site in India.

I have lost 5300 Rs . Seller shipped  defective item , I opened a claim , i shipped a item back to selller. But i updated a status 1 day late to ebay email address .They have most crappy claims  website in which they keep updating  on claim status. Believe me you  don't understand which is start request and end response in that site.  ebay has closed claim stating that i have not updated shippment details to seller and  i was 1 day late in updating status in their crappy website.  They asked me to deal with Seller directly. The item is shipped back to seller.The  seller never lifts his phone or neither responds email. He has run away.

When contacted ebay customer support 20-30 times over phone and emails  they told they can't do anything or help me at all  as claim is closed in system  What a **bleep** !!  They are least bothered about my loss of money.  I am travelled abroad abroad for work. Otherwise i want  to sue these guys at court  if i get time.

They don't have escaltion matrix , They don't have number to dial from outside india. 

I was a customer at ebay from 2001 and  nowI  Hate ebay .This would be my last buy at ebay.  I request people not to buy at eBay. I will start posting in all public forums  so that people stop buying in this site.   

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

I agree with you, They help the sellers to cheat customers.

I bought a laptop battery, 4400mAH, what was delivered is 2200mAH, half the capacity. I raised dispute, and the the way they responded back to me was it was my problem, and i need to waste my time to ship it back, and then wait for the sellers mercy to get it replaced !!!, payment for the shipping charges they will dictate, will pay me in coupon. I asked them why cant they get it picked, and the answer was surprising, "We can not ask the seller to do that", they can ask me that, coz my money is @ stake.

Closing my account and shopping with ebay. Fundamentally the whole Ebay Gurantee slogan is cheating, Fake, net to net, its a racket to help sellers cheat customers.

Avoid Ebay India.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Hi all

i have also suffered from the WORST and seller friendly policies of EBAY and even my friend also.

I think it will be good to spread the worst expereiences through social media to aware others.  

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

Dear Same thing has happened with me. I have purchased Micromax mobile from e Bay but unfortunately there is a lot of issue found with the mobile. I asked e bay to refund my money back these bloody people directly refused to refund my money  and said  we do not refund the money of the purchased item from the site and you should read T&C before purchased from our site.We have no escalation matrix to escalate the matter to their senior. We all have done blunder purchasing items from e bay. I would suggest every one who are reading my comment never purchase anything from e bay and tell your friends as well not to purchase from this site. These people are tout only nothing else. If you have escalation matrix share with everyone so that we can escalation the matter to their deaf and dumb owner.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

vjai9903
Community Member
dey hv shipped ke old iphone with fake earpods ,i swear to god i m going to make d life of ebay difficult .will serve them legal notice .
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

It seems eBay India is back to its old game of encouraging sellers to send junk against overpriced products, downplaying the 'fraud' as highlighted as a 'quality issue' and then rejecting refund without giving any chance to present the case leave aside investigating and actioning on the same... and thereafter it's a chinese wall getting through the morons manning their customer services (some idiot named kunal, the floor supervisor called akshay and a team leader called priyanka) who feel nothing can be done asPaisaPay guarantee has closed the case... it seems your team tried to contact me on 31st dec between 6.22-6.34pm (12mins - 3 calls) and failed to reach me, based on which drew inference that they have the prerogative to close the case... 

It may also be useful to note that the escalation link - www.escalatetoebay.in - is useless and does not work... a reflection of the (lack) quality of your customer service and grievance redressal team perhaps?

History of the case and Ebay's dysfunctionality to resolve the issue
Refund Claim ID : 1578870 
PaisaPay ID : 41354942953
Item: Super Dog Extra Large Nylon Chew Bone (291569649497) - Rs 379/- bought on 19-Dec-2015
Seller: goofytailsonline 
Buyer id: tathagatorc

On 30th Dec I wrote to the seller stating that the product delivered did not meet the description of the one I paid for and instead has been a different and cheaper one (that is of Nylon Chew Bone Extra Large (151604055995) - Rs 160/- bought from pupkartindia on the same day) and asked to be returned + replaced/refunded... the seller responded asking me to return the product at my own cost, to which I asked him to arrange for a pickup from my place and inform me on when the same is being planned...

When the seller becaome unresponsive thereafter, i sensed a 'fraud' and raised a refund request with Ebay guarantee raising a redflag "The seller is a fraud and has deliberately sent me a junk item worth Rs 160/- or less (which is similar to Nylon Chew Bone Extra Large coincidentally bought by me from pupkartindia)... i want my money back and also blacklist the seller - goofytailsonline"

In response, your profoundly slow-witted team found time to call me on 31st Dec between 6.22pm - 6.34pm (3 calls) and without getting a response, inferred that the case of little importance and went ahead in closing the same (reason sited - "Proof Rejected - Closing claim') without actually making any contact with the buyer or investigating the same. I will not be surprised if this team is found to be a corrupt lot without a sense of ethics and integrity... and that applies to ebay india as well, for having such people on their rolls... 

The grievance redressal team (kunal, akshay and priyanka) has also proved themselves to be as unethical and unconscionable in dealing with a customer as myself on this instance... You may refer to my call today (6th Jan around 10AM) and may concur that these guys are 'idiots' as i referred to them in the call and continue doing so...

Attached is the picture of the item received from goofytailsonline (Rs 379/-) and the second one alongwith the item bought from pupkart (Rs 160/-) as required by you.

I want this case to be reopened and investigated diligently in the light of the detailed narrative provided above... I want refund of the claim... i want the seller goofytailsonline to be blacklisted for indulging in fraud...

Irrespective of your actions to follow, please be aware that thanks to the morons in your customer service redressal team, you have lost me as a customer again and lose many more... but do the right thing and probably when you succeed in convincing me that as a policy you do not tolerate and negotiate with idiots on your rolls, I may reconsider not shutting you down in India...
Message 20 of 36
latest reply