cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MUTUAL FEEDBACK REMOVAL - NO MORE AVAILABLE

247indiaonline
Community Member
GIVE THE CHANCE TO SELLERS FOR MUTUAL FEEDBACK REMOVAL OPTION . THIS WILL HAVE BETTER BUYER SATISFACTION, IF THERE IS NO OPTION OF MUTUAL FEEDBACK REMOVAL THEN WHY ANY SELLER WOULD LIKE TO GET THE PROBLEM RECTIFIED OF ANY BUYER ONCE THE SELLER RECEIVE THE NEUTRAL / NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
ALSO GET THIS NEUTRAL RATINGS REMOVED FROM ANY CALCULATIONS AND HAVE SAME OPTION AS EARLIER TO GET THIS MUTUALLY.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

mumbaistores
Community Member
Dear Indiaonline,

I perfectly agree with your statement here and we all should unite and request ebay to consider this option of mutual feedback removal. I request all sellers to unite and appeal to ebay to please consider this feedback and make changes accordingly.

Voicing your concern is important irrespective of whether ebay makes the changes or loses its sellers. Pls post friends.

Thanks,
Mumbaistores
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member
I agree with all of you totally ๐Ÿ˜ž
I am sad with these bad baddddddddd changes of feedback and I am afraid of looking into any seller's feedback score now.
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello 247indiaonline, touchnshine & mumbaistores,

Thank you for suggesting and expressing your thoughts on 'Mutual Feedback Withdrawal'.

We understand that there are concerns around on 'How we will address issues where buyers leave neutral and negatives' out of impulse behavior and at times when buyers might want to withdraw their feedback. We will deal such issues on a case to case basis. For example: if the buyer willingly mentions on a email to the seller that he/she wants to remove the feedback due to mistakenly left or some other reason, we will consider the same and remove the feedback.

In India there would be cases of unjust/mistakenly left negative or neutral and an IN based process would be in place to ensure that necessary actions will be taken. Having said that, I'd also highlight that the actions would be purely subjective and we will do our best as always to be fair to both buyers and sellers and does not guarantee that all neutrals and negatives being escalated by the sellers would be removed.

Again highlighting the fact that we encourage you to kindly save all conversations from such buyers in such cases and escalate the same through 'Contact Us' currently. We will shortly provide sellers with a 'Seller Reporting Hub Page' wherein sellers can escalate such cases and buyers to the concerned team and they will be happy to review them and take appropriate actions.

Keep posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Preeti,

The situation is not that bad, lets see what it brings for us.

BTW your 2005 thread is going strong here:
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=100001281 TechiE

TechiE
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

mumbaistores
Community Member
Hi Indraneel,

Appreciate your response and thanks for clarifying.

When there was such a uniform tool which the buyers and sellers could use to their satisfaction why Ebay has done away with it and now want to take the issues on a case to case basis. Isnt it more backward looking then forward looking. With this it clearly signifies that ebay will not do much i am sure. For my friends and sellers out there i will like to cite a recent example of abuse of this policy which makes me feel that ebay will do the same.

I work for an MNC and was due for a promotion. However the company changed its growth policy and brought in some parameteres in the month of february for appraisals going to happen in the month of April. A lot of us cried fould that this should have been implemented from next financial year as it would do unjustice to our cases. However we were told that special case to case basis would be taken care of by HR. However till date no special case to case basis was done and it was only to fool the employees something similar what ebay is doing to its sellers.

Some time the so called management gurus of the world soaked in their IIM and IIT's forget what is the basic requirements needed by employees. Lets hope ebay sticks to its words.

THanks,
Mumbaistores
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

cloudbadal
Community Member
I totally agree, the mutual feedback removal is a must, since I'm facing my mistake as a buyer. I bought a laptop from the biggest seller on eBay India. There were some octroi issues which made me impulsively give my seller a neutral rating.

Now when I feel that instead of rating him low, I should have just mentioned the octroi in my remarks, but the eBay system does not let me do so.

Come on guys, to err is human isn't it?
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Hello!
From our Experience, we can say that in many cases buyers are not aware of the seriousness of Feedbacks and they leave Neutral/Negatives for pettiest reason, which goes against the credibility of genuine sellers. Mutual Withdrawal Form was a little bit practical solution where seller was getting an opportunity of conversation with buyer.

In the new scenario, the case will be referred to Ebay and they will judge on case to case basis. We know what a great judges are sitting in Ebay. We are again going to Cut-copy-paste replies days.
I am confident, the way Ebay is moving and more stringent measures are taken, Sellers and Users will run away gradually and once it is done, it will be very difficult for Ebay to return them back.

Thanking You,
Ashok Agarwal
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Hi Indraneel,

You say that we encourage you to kindly save all conversations from such buyers in such cases and escalate the same through 'Contact Us' currently.

But what will happen if a buyer leaves a Negative or Neutral and doesn't respond to any e-mails or phone calls?

In most of my cases the buyer just left a Negative or Neutral and never took the trouble of responding to solve the issue. Even though I sent the replacements to the buyers. It was ODR that withdrew my negative feedbacks through mediations. Buyers did not responded to them too so, the mediation results were in my favour. Now, it seems there is NO HOPE for us to deal with such buyers.

Regards,

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

bellojewelsplaza
Community Member
Hi!
This is for sure a totally biased decision on the part of eBay.
Many buyers leave negatives on the spur of the moment and once things are rectified, the negatives are withdrawn with the help of ODR or mutual feedback withdrawal.
Many a times a buyer is just happy with a refund and he accepts the Mutual Feedback withdrawal.He keeps on buying again too.
Now, if the negative is not going to be withdrawn under any circumstances, may I ask why should we even send him a refund at all? Or even a replacement?
Neutral feedback to be considered as negative for % calculations makes no sense too - eBay might as well do without it, thus - either Negative or Positive! Why have neutral at all?
A deep sense of insecurity for sellers has crept in with this uncalled for change and ebay must take immediate steps to rectify the same Immediately.
Cordially
bellojewelsindia:-)
Message 10 of 29
latest reply