Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching eBay branded packing material, discontinuing PowerSeller material

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Community Members,

We are happy to announce the launch of eBay packaging material that will be available to all our community members to use. All our sellers can now directly buy the material from here.

With the launch of eBay packing material, we will, henceforth, be discontinuing providing free PowerSeller packaging material, the last installment of PowerSeller packaging material will be sent to eBay India PowerSellers by September 18th 2009.

Benefits of using eBay packing material:
-- Standardize the way your shipments look and improve buyer experience with professional looking packages
-- Reduce chances of in-transit theft with tamper proof packaging material
-- Save money as the packaging material is economical and has been priced at cost
-- Available in various sizes/denominations, including ‘Try Me’ packages for first time users
-- The material is flexible and can be used to pack diiferent kinds of merchandise.
-- Order as per your convenience at any time of the month

We hope you will find good value in the eBay packaging material, please share your feedback on how we can continue improving the packaging material and other suggestions on this thread by clicking the post a reply button.

You can Click Here to buy the packaging material.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Indraneel,

"The cost of packing materials for you was ZERO previously as you were a PowerSeller and were getting the materials at no cost at all. However, we have seen other PowerSellers on this thread mentioning that they have cupboard full of packing materials which are of no use to them."

I am still a PowerSeller 😉 but since PS do not have any power even the few freebies have been taken away, so it seems the PS status is irrelevant now 😞

How is that if some PS have excess stock of Packing Material, you decided to charge all PS who are doing volume business?

It is seems ebaY like to favor the small time / part time seller over the dedicated full time sellers.

Again an additional annual cost of Rs.40,000/- to Rs.50,000/- will not be borne by PS like me and will definately be passed to the buyers.

Devesh
Message 31 of 76
latest reply

Dear Indraneel,

I did contacted the person.
But HE LIED TO YOU I NEVER TOLD HIM TO SELL OUTSIDE OF EBAY.

This means he is not trustable.

I asked him if he can also sell unprinted unbranded envelopes instead of these printed one and how much they will cost.
this is what we asked him.
i never asked him to sell outside of ebay.
He refused to sell unprinted unbranded envelopes and said he only has the printed ebay branded envelopes. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 32 of 76
latest reply

Indraneeji and Sapana.

Let me begin by saying that Kudos to you people for this move of selling ebay merchandise.

This is now available to sellers like me too who might take a long time to become PS.

shivamemory has made a very good suggestion that polybags should be available in small size also like 5"x7", 6"x10" etc.
This is very important for sellers of mobile batteries, memory cards, card readers etc. Please implement this ASAP.

One more very valid point raised here is that Power Sellers MUST continue to get eBay packing materials FREE. As power sellers they must be distinctly honored. They deserve it for their good reputation and also for bringing in revenue to eBay.

Lastly the ebay merchandise seller does not have all the stocks ready. Requesting you to please look into the matter.

*************************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 33 of 76
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Folks,

We have removed any posts that offered to buy or sell the PowerSeller packing material as using the discussion boards to advertise or make a listing is agasint the boards policy.

Therefore, please dont be surprised to see some posts missing. And do avoid making such posts in future.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 34 of 76
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi rajelectroniks,

Indraneel has noted the suggestion from shivamemory and is working with the vendor to see the associated costs. we will get back to you all if it works out.

On the packing material not being ready - Apparently, his shipment got damanged. However, we are working with the vendor to ensure that the processes and availability are completely streamlined.

Please keep on sending in feedback or suggestions. We really appreciate it and work towards resolving them.

On honouring PowerSellers, I agree with you. I wonder if you have read about the eBay Top rated seller program. It is a great way to reward sellers who give high quality of service to buyers. As of now the program has been launched for US, UK and Germany sites. If and when we decide to roll it on India site, it will help us reward quality sellers with greater visibility and discounted fees. To prepare well for it, watch out for low DSR scores that you get. If you are getting 1 or 2 on any DSR scores, try changing your business practice to avoid the same.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 35 of 76
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi veedeedirect,

We understand that seller's costs will get passed on to buyers. That is a normal business practice. However, we are also sure that sellers will keep the costs minimal to ensure that their prices are competitive to the buyer.

On some sellers having excess packing material - It is a reflection of our inaccurate foecasting of seller's requirement :). Which incidentally is another reason why we decided to make it freely availble so that sellers can buy it as per their requirement.

On more benefits to Power Sellers - I hope you have read about the eBay Top rated seller program that has been launched on US, UK and Germany sites. The intent behind the program is to reward sellers with great service levels with increased exposure and discounted fees. Over the next year, we shall evaluate it and if suitable will roll it out on India site as well. Stay tuned!

Also, to ensure that you will qualify as a top rated seller, watch out for low DSR scores that you get. If you are getting 1 or 2 on any DSR scores, try modifying your business practice to avoid the same.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 36 of 76
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi thegenuinecollections,

I saw that you have some classy watches on sale. I hope you are in touch with your Category Manager and speaking to him about promotions and other ways of moving the inventory faster.

If you have a similar colleciton of vintage watches,then you can sell them on eBay, as there is a huge demand for such watches. It will also help you reach your 100th feedback faster 🙂

Regards,
Sapana
Message 37 of 76
latest reply

dsparklezz
Community Member
Great to see that eBAY Branded Packing Material is available now for purchase for all sellers.

I wanted to get eBay branded packing for my customers, but though I am a powerseller for the last 2 months, I never got them.But then I understood there are many more sellers who have become powersellers much before me and havent received the same yet.I hope as Sapna said,the last powerseller material would be sent out by Sept 18th,I am looking forward to receive them!

I know eBays policies are changing for the better .But I am also of the same opinion of not discontinuing the power seller branded packing materials.If eBay can not give them for free,they can offer the branded packing at a discounted price for the power sellers.

Also I would request to include smaller sized outer packing bags for purchase.

Thank you
Message 38 of 76
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi sapana ji thank you so much for your concern on a small seller.I got a call from ebay about promoting my item and he has given me great ideas which i am yet to execute.With your wishes and continued support from buyers i hope to reach my 100th feedback soon:-)Thanks a lot:-)
Message 39 of 76
latest reply

flgoo
Community Member
That seller is not responding to my messages. Also some of his listings removed after i buy from him.
Message 40 of 76
latest reply