Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching eBay branded packing material, discontinuing PowerSeller material

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Community Members,

We are happy to announce the launch of eBay packaging material that will be available to all our community members to use. All our sellers can now directly buy the material from here.

With the launch of eBay packing material, we will, henceforth, be discontinuing providing free PowerSeller packaging material, the last installment of PowerSeller packaging material will be sent to eBay India PowerSellers by September 18th 2009.

Benefits of using eBay packing material:
-- Standardize the way your shipments look and improve buyer experience with professional looking packages
-- Reduce chances of in-transit theft with tamper proof packaging material
-- Save money as the packaging material is economical and has been priced at cost
-- Available in various sizes/denominations, including ‘Try Me’ packages for first time users
-- The material is flexible and can be used to pack diiferent kinds of merchandise.
-- Order as per your convenience at any time of the month

We hope you will find good value in the eBay packaging material, please share your feedback on how we can continue improving the packaging material and other suggestions on this thread by clicking the post a reply button.

You can Click Here to buy the packaging material.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

yeah thats what should be done.
PowerSeller should receive the packing material free of cost regularly. i have been a PowerSeller from last about 6 months but i received the packing material just twice. i really dont know how is the packing material distributed to PowerSellers? Other seller who dont need it receiving it and making stock whereas sellers like me want the PowerSeller material but its never provided, after so much request to the managing team of ebay.

And the price of the eBay Brand Polybag is high i can supply cheaper bags if ebay allows me and give me a bulk order.
Message 21 of 76
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
I also give my voice to my senior sellers.Power sellers must continue receiving packing materials for free as they have toiled much to achieve the status of power sellers and they must be distinctly honored.They deserve it for their good reputation.

At the same time ebay must continue selling ebay branded packing material for small sellers like me as it will take years for slow sellers like me to achieve feedback score of 100:-(
Message 22 of 76
latest reply

ya it true
i m also power seller from last 5 months but have never recd the power seller packing once also
i dont know how it his been distributed
let me know
asap
thanks
Message 23 of 76
latest reply

Dear Ebay team,

i don't understand WHY SHOULD I PAY MORE TO PROMOTE "EBAY" i will be happy to purchase the ebay branded envelope if it comes for less price.
If i have to spend Rs 5 per envelope than i will better go with my own printed envelopes why will i pay to promote ebay brand ?
I request kindly send me details OF PLAIN NON PRINTED CHEAP envelopes supplier.
If its important to show the looks for good buyer experience i will get them printed here in delhi at much cheaper rates with my own brand name.

my kind request please just send me details of the envelopes supplier i need 10000 plain unbranded / nonprinted envelopes. I will get them printed with my own catalogue.

Regards,
Rakhi "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 24 of 76
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear atthershabbir & handicrafts_store,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for participating in this discussion.

I understand from your posts that you have offered to sell PowerSeller packing materials that you have received from eBay.

I'd like to clearly call out that selling of any merchandise with eBay branding without an approval from eBay is not legal and might lead to issues of trademark and copyright violation of eBay and it's logos (such as PowerSeller & eBay.in logos). Any such act may lead to legal consequences.

I request you and other members of the community not to be a part of any such transaction wherein eBay branded merchandise are being sold or offered either online or offline without a pre-approval/agreement from eBay as this is illegal.

The merchandise being offered by 'shippers_material' are pre-approved from eBay and the seller has obtained the rights from eBay to do so.

Also, having noticed that these bags are of no use to you, you may wish to help your fellow community members by distributing them FREE of cost.

I hope I have cleared any such thoughts of SELLING or BUYING of eBay branded merchandise online or offline without an approval or an agreement with eBay.

Keep Posting,

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 25 of 76
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Rakhi (kaya_jewels),

I apologise but I am unable to understand your concern over these packing materials. Is it the eBay branding on the packing materials or the price that you perceive has hiked the cost of these packing materials?

As called out in my previous post, branding these materials has little impact on the cost of these materials. Moreover, we are talking of Rs. 4 - Rs. 6/item towards cost of packaging and ensuring that the item is safe and sealed when it reaches the buyer. I hope we all agree that it is important to provide a professionally packed and supplied item leading to a good buyer experience.

In regards to providing you the contact details of a seller who sells plain unbranded packing materials, you may wish to contact stores in your neighbourhood or search for them in directories. We are unable to provide details of any such vendor.

I'm also aware that you have contacted the seller who is currently selling 'eBay branded' packing materials asking him to sell these materials offline and if they are available for cheaper rates. I'd appreciate if our sellers do not practice such things and help us keep the process clean.

keep Posting!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 26 of 76
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear shivamemory, thegenuinecollections, mobileaccesories & thegenuinecollections,

Thank you all for appreciating and supporting us in our efforts to help the community provide a good buying experience for buyers on our site.

Just the way you all mentioned I'd like to reiterate the fact these packing materials are far superior and presentable as against of newspapers, cloth envelopes, thin plastic sheets as they are all tamperable, unasafe and may not protect your items.

Keep Posting!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 27 of 76
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Umang (indconcepts),

Thank you again for engaging with us in this discussion.

Firstly, eBay never buys or sells anything.

Secondly, as mentioned in my previous post we have entered into an agreement with the seller (shippers_material) to use our logos and trademarks to provide these packing materials with eBay branding to our community members. It's the economies of scale that helps us bring down the cost of these materials such that these are even cheaper than the currently available envelopes in the offline markets and NO COMPROMISES on the quality as well.

eBay is not making any benefits out of this sale and these packing materials are on offer purely at the cost prices.

Keep Posting!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 28 of 76
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Devesh (veedeedirect),

Yes, I calculated the prices considering that you will only use small bags for the items that you ship :-).

The cost of packing materials for you was ZERO previously as you were a PowerSeller and were getting the materials at no cost at all. However, we have seen other PowerSellers on this thread mentioning that they have cupboard full of packing materials which are of no use to them.

The point being that sellers can now order what they and how much they want and that too at rates which are cheaper than of those materials which are inferior in quality + not so advisable when it comes for safety of your items.

Keep Posting!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 29 of 76
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Indraneel,

I hope selling un-branded Shipping Bags to Co-Sellers is allowed on ebay.

Do let me know in case there is an issue. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 30 of 76
latest reply