Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching eBay branded packing material, discontinuing PowerSeller material

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Community Members,

We are happy to announce the launch of eBay packaging material that will be available to all our community members to use. All our sellers can now directly buy the material from here.

With the launch of eBay packing material, we will, henceforth, be discontinuing providing free PowerSeller packaging material, the last installment of PowerSeller packaging material will be sent to eBay India PowerSellers by September 18th 2009.

Benefits of using eBay packing material:
-- Standardize the way your shipments look and improve buyer experience with professional looking packages
-- Reduce chances of in-transit theft with tamper proof packaging material
-- Save money as the packaging material is economical and has been priced at cost
-- Available in various sizes/denominations, including ‘Try Me’ packages for first time users
-- The material is flexible and can be used to pack diiferent kinds of merchandise.
-- Order as per your convenience at any time of the month

We hope you will find good value in the eBay packaging material, please share your feedback on how we can continue improving the packaging material and other suggestions on this thread by clicking the post a reply button.

You can Click Here to buy the packaging material.

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Dear Sapana,

I have lotsss of Packing material in my stock... as i am a power seller, So i recieved it from you.
So can i sell it on ebay....?
await to hear from you.
Message 11 of 76
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

It's not a good idea to provide these Bags at a cost to Sellers.

It's not that ebay is buying something from the market and providing it at a cost price to Sellers ..... without getting the benefit out of it.

Heeng lage na Phitkari .... rang bhi chokha aaye

Sapana, It's a massive BRANDING for ebay .... and we are being told that the Bags are being provided at the cost price.

While multinational Company's spend crores on BRANDING .... ebay is getting it FREE OF COST by forwarding the whole cost on to the Sellers.

Tell me just one shopping Portal who sells these Bags to their Merchants.

I have a complete Almirah filled up with Bags of variouis Shopping Portals. You just write a mail to any of the leading Portal and packing Bags arrive within a couple of days.

I feel that the Bags should be provided to all Sellers for not more than ONE RUPEE ..... just to ensure that these bags are not misused.

Let's take it the other way round ..... we all Sellers come together .... and get the Bags printed .... and ask ebay if they want to advertise on our Bags ..... 🙂

Jokes apart .... but ebay must re-think on this. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 12 of 76
latest reply

Hello,
I completely agree with Umang ji(indconcepts).

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 13 of 76
latest reply

The cost of packing 500 items for a month would be around Rs. 2,000 (4x500) + Rs. 120 (2 Tapes) + Rs. 400 (500 letterheads for invoices) = Rs. 2520/-.

Based on all all bags of the smaller size. The bigger bags are Rs.5/- each. And these are introductory prices.

So even we we take your calculation as correct it is 3500 x 12 = approx Rs.42,000/- a year. as opposed to "ZERO" now.

I do not think any seller will absorb this cost and it surely will be passed on to the buyers.

So expect prices of most products on sale to go up by about Rs.10/-.

I think it would be been better to spend a small amount of money in giving these bags to the sellers at Rs.1/- as Umang has suggested from the marketing budget which goes towards the gold incentive to sellers / discount voucher(s) / Seasonal free gifts.
Message 14 of 76
latest reply

I have lotsss of Packing material in my stock...
So can i sell it on ebay....( as ebay is selling packing material ).. so can we do it...
await to hear from you.
Message 15 of 76
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi thanks for the ebay branded packing materials.Just taking into account the price of ebay branded bags it is comparatively very very cheap @Rs.5/bag.They are water proof and tamper proof.I say this because the courier bags which are mere cotton cloth bags of the same dimension are Rs.6/bag in my city and they are not water proof or tamper proof and can be opened easily unlike the ebay branded bags which can be sealed.I have been trying to buy such kind of seal able bags all over the net but thanks to ebay they have decided to sell for such a low price.And i think bags alone are sufficient to give a professional look to the package and the prices of ebay tapes are also o.k @50Rs/roll as the normal big brown package tape costs 40Rs/roll.

Its quite disappointing for power sellers as they have been getting these materials for free of cost but for new sellers like me who are already spending a lot for unbranded packing materials this offer is really a boon.Thanks a lot Sapanaji and Indraneelji and all ebay staffs who worked out on this plan for your bold decision in selling the ebay branded quality packing materials:-)
Message 16 of 76
latest reply

tsr.online
Community Member
way to go ebay. big up to ebay team.
bought try it now pack today
will let you guys know how it goes.
Message 17 of 76
latest reply

Hello,

This is disappointing that some sellers in this thread has offered to sell their unused Packing Material received by them from Ebay as because they are Powersellers. Ebay has not charged anything from them for these material, so morally how these sellers can offer to sale for which they have not paid.

In any case, they can oppose the move of Ebay selling packing material but should not offer to sale their unused material which shows their immaturity. They may rather return the material to Ebay if those are not useful to them.

Thank You,

Ashok Agarwal
Message 18 of 76
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Ashok Agarwal,

You buy a Flat .... and the Builder give you a car Free.
But you already have a better Car with you and the Free Car is of no use to you ..... what would you morally do ?

Would you return the Car to the Builder ?
OR
Would you offer it Free to one of your Friend ?

Am sure you would sell it in the market and encash it .... rather than make it catch rust.

You have paid your hard earned money to buy the Flat against which you have got the Car. Similarly being a Power Seller is no joke. You have earned that status by putting in your blood & sweat.

A Power Seller getting anything Free out of that has full right to do, what ever he feels like.

But I must mention that the ebay community is so nice & cooperative ..... and would go out of the way to help each other and be supportive.

I know few Power Sellers who are ready to offer their un-used Bags for Free. Some are ready to Offer those at a throw away Price. And if, few Power Sellers are asking for a reasonable Price then morally who the hell we are to object.
(If ebay has no objection he can sell those on site and if ebay has objection then it's his out-look how he disposes those in the off-line market) .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 19 of 76
latest reply

hi all:-)

i think Both should be continued..

Ebay Should continue the supply of packing material on their previuos month's sales basis. this may be printed powerseller material.

and Ebay packing material should also be made available through sale (as now started) for Non-Powerselelrs also.

the cost of the polybags and tapes doesn't seem costly as 100 bags @425. prices of Tapes also similar to local market.

one thing that poly bags should be available in small size also just like 5"x7", 6"x10" etc.

i think ebay should reduce paisapay fees now.

Regards,
Message 20 of 76
latest reply