Dusshera promotion gifts not received

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
I had send a complaint email to member@ebay.com 8 days ago and then again to ebay@ebay.in 5 days ago. However, I have not received any response despite several follow up emails.

I am attaching the details here and hope that I will not only get a response but also the gifts that I did not receive.

Hi, I had made several purchases between 16th - 31st Oct 2012 and had used 3 different vouchers that were part of your Dusshera promotion. The gifts were supposed to be shipped with 15-45 days from purchase but it has been over 3 months now and I have received only one of the three gifts. I would like to know why the others have not been sent yet. Given below are details of the vouchers I used, the date of purchase etc: 1. Item no. 160904619070, sale date 19/10/2012, voucher used: DUSSEHR007 (Philips HO4696/22 6 in 1 Hair Dryer) 2. Item no. 160899018215 and 160899018434 (combined payment), sale date 17/10/2012, voucher used DUSSEHR011 (Philips QG3250 7 in 1 trimmer) I have yet to receive the above two items although, as you can see, it has been nearly 3 months since I made these purchases. The only item I received was: 3. Item no. 160903420555 and 160903419571, sale date 24/10/2012, voucher used DUSSEHR012 (Samsung E2252 Mobile) which I received last week. Please do let me know when I can expect to receive gifts1 and 2 as I have long paid for and received the items I purchased against these vouchers. Please do let me know. Best regards, afshanmujawar11
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
Hi,

For someone who has done deals worth over 1 lakh rupees through ebay.in, such a poor response from the site is really shocking and disheartening.

Could you please tell me what has happened and why gifts pertaining to my older purchases have not been delivered yet? The last purchase and gift reached me within the time frame. I Courier guy called me up and the package was safely delivered.

However, the Phillips Trimmer and Phillips Dryer were chosen against purchases that I had made earlier and should have been delivered by now.

1. The paisapay ID for the Phillips Trimmer is 32339874915

2. The paisapay ID for the Phillips hair dyer is 32342956645

Both items were paid for on 19th October 2012 for the promotion that was valid between 16th to 31st October 2012.

I have already been waiting for a response through email for the past 10 days, I kind of expected a swifter response here at least. However, I can see that I am not the only one who has not received promised gifts.

Please do let me know when I can expect these gift items. I would really appreciate it if they could be dispatched to my shipping/ billing address ASAP.

Thanks,
afshanmujawar11
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
Follow up1:

Its been 5 days since I lodged the complain here and 4 days since I sent a follow up message. Still no response.

Kindly update me on the status of two of my gifts. Check above messages for details.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
This is really shocking.

For a site that caters to hundred of millions of consumers in India alone, there seems to be only ONE person responding to feedback on this forum, which is Seema.

Now, while several complaints have been registered over the past two weeks, responses have been sent to only a few (an inquiry about the effectiveness of a coupon was responded to with a sales pitch). Majority of the complaints have not been responded to.

I had sent in my complaint a week ago, which is plenty of time for any customer service to respond. However, despite two reminders here, as well as several mails to any and every email ID that I could find, I have still not received any response. If this is how long it takes to simply say 'yes, your complaint has been noted and we will do something about it', then how long will it take to actually send gifts? I have seen discussions here where people have not received promised gifts even after 1 year has elapsed!

You do realize that anyone reading this forum will know the messed up manner in which your promotions are conducted right? If you not really interested in solving consumer complaints, then won't it make more sense to simply chuck this forum into a virtual trash bin? No one gets to see what consumers are complaining about, and you won't even have to pay people for sitting on their backsides and doing nothing.

Give me a response... NO.. give me my gift or I assure you, ebay.in in going to be in a whirlwind of social media trouble.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
I posted my complaint 20 days ago and since then, it has remained on the very first page of this forum and still, despite several reminders and follow ups, ebay.in has not shown the decency to respond, far less actually live up to its commitment.

However, I will not fail to live up to mine. If you do not revert with a confirmation of my gifts being sent or with an alternative by 12noon on Monday, 21st January 2013, I will be launching a mass campaign against ebay.in aimed at increasing consumer awareness of such scams being run. To begin with, at least 4000 people who are my direct contacts on various social media sites will be alerted about this campaign. At least 1400 of these are social activists, reporters and media personal who would be more than glad to run stories about these scams. I will also be forwarding links to consumer complaint boards where an army of consumer complaints can be found, their owners easily reached.

Once again, I assure you that I will live up to my word if I do not get a positive response by 12noon, Monday. After this, I will have no interest in clarifications, explanations or offers.

I would encourage other victims to undertake similar campaigns and make sure that everyone in their real life and social media circle gets to see this side of ebay.in if their grievances are not resolved.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
HI again,

Was the Dusherra promotion particularly messed up, I can see far too many complains here and very few have actually been addressed. I can see that some of the people who complained about dusserha gifts not being received have been told that their gifts have been sent. Yet, there are many who have not even been responded to.

I had earlier sent a message that if I did not receive a decent, acceptable response, I will launch a social media campaign against ebay.in's free gift schemes. However, if you guys have finally started responded to consumer complaints and are actually keen on making up for the mess that has been created, I will wait for a bit longer.

Please understand that it is very frustrating when you spend over a lakh on products here, do not receive what was promised and then the customer service does not even show the courtesy of responding or acknowledging that you concerns have been read.

It is nearly 3 motnhs since the Dussera promo ended. I have not received two out of three gifts and have given the details in earlier messages. I have left this complaint nearly a month back but have not even received an acknowledgment.

It would a major step towards retaining customers if you could at least respond to our concerns. Otherwise, yo are just going to leave an impression of being con-artists and lose loyal customers.

I have been buying on ebay for over 2 years and have lost count of how much I have spent here. However, this experience has really shaken my confidence in the site.

I only hope that I will receive some kind of a response from you soon.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
Further to my last message, given below are the details of the items so that you don't have to bother scrolling!

1. The paisapay ID for the Phillips Trimmer is 32339874915

2. The paisapay ID for the Phillips hair dyer is 32342956645

Both items were paid for on 19th October 2012 for the promotion that was valid between 16th to 31st October 2012.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

afshanmujawar11
Community Member
Hi again,

I am glad to let you know that I have received the second of my three expected gifts. I received the Phillips trimmer a few days ago.

I hope that the final of the three gifts, the Phillips 6 in one Hair Dryer will also be received soon!

Thank you for acting on my complaint, even if you did not respond directly 🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply