Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

jayaprasad992012
Community Member
I am totally disappointed with e-bay now. I bought a brand new sony-ericsson xperia handset via e-bay. The item had a complaint from the first month of its purchase. As i communicated with my e-bay seller, he advised me to send back for repair. I did it and i received back my phone with in a week. but right from the second day of receipt the phone again showing the same complaint. I tried a lot to contact my seller. I am not getting any replies. What actions can be taken now??? I cant use my phone now. The thing that I can do is to make aware my friends about this bad experience and poor customer service of e-bay.
Message 71 of 233
latest reply

pksramya
Community Member
Please dont buy any LED/LCD TVs from ebay. The seller claims international warranty for these, but there is no such warranty. My TV had a problem within a week of purchasing and the Samsung guys charged me 1,000 stating that such TVs bought online dont come under international warranty. When i contacted the seller and ebay, both refused to refund that 1,000 or respond properly.

The seller is thegadgetshop and they never pick the call.
Message 72 of 233
latest reply

ram9046
Community Member
Horrible service by Ebay, Awful communication and no customer value. They should shut down the site. Other sites are better than this regarding transparency.
Message 73 of 233
latest reply

sushma19sushma
Community Member
I have ordered for "Sony Cybershot DSC-W690" on 18-Mar-13 and paid through PaisaPay. Got a message telling item has been shipped on 22nd.. The item could not be tracked through AWD no which they had messaged me.

Its been a very bad experience with eBay. Seller is not responding to the mails which i had sent.

Please suggest what should further.

--:-(
Message 74 of 233
latest reply

pkrnayak
Community Member
I recently joined ebay and purchased few items.The shipping was quick but i was dissappointed with the quality of the products by the seller.I gave a negative feedback which was acknowledged and was assured a replacement or refund.I was suggested to give a follow up with a positive remark only after then they would entertain my request.I obliged them and returned the product to the given address.Till date there is no acknowledgment from their side.I had opened a case with them but they havnt till taken a notice.I am dissappointed with the feedback in this discussion board.It would definitely not take Ebay India to realistic heights or to goodbooks in customers minds.I am open to take them to consumer courts available to me after giving them few more days to reply.
Message 75 of 233
latest reply

ravishankarog1774
Community Member
recently i purchased one cctv lens but that lens is variant one i want ordered that lens 6mm cctv lens.
add my lens image URL-http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjI4WDIyMQ==/z/n~kAAMXQgb1RPun2/$T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdVJsBRPun2(,HQ~~60_35.JPG
further i want thats lens this lens please repalce it.
Message 76 of 233
latest reply

satya-jyoti
Community Member
Ebay India's customer service really is really very poor. I purchased a portable DVD player from 100cooldeal and the amount was debited from my account on 26th March. The item was not shipped in time and I called the seller a few times. Each time he promised to ship it but nothing happened. Finally I raised a claim. I am hoping to receive the refund in time (20 days from day of raising claim, as they said) or else...!! What was most irritating was that I was not allowed to leave a feedback about the seller in order to warn others. hence I am using this discussion forum. Should there not be more transparency in order to make buyers feel more secure?
Message 77 of 233
latest reply

mariya786mariya
Community Member
I had order this product
221198346503 Cartoon Doll Style Mini Handheld Electric Fan, Length:10cm (Green)
1 Rs. 196.01 Rs. 196.01
But i never recived the order .
& also cashback i had contact coustmer but they told contact icici bank
not satisfied
and even after not recived cash nor product

so disgusting site to order the product
Message 78 of 233
latest reply

aparajithar
Community Member
Dont make any purchases on ebay, till this missing transaction issue is resolved. Your money will be deducted but you wont receive any confirmation about product. Hope ebay finds good technical base to resolve these issues soon.
Message 79 of 233
latest reply

poor you. its obvious that both sellers and buyers hold the same opinion on at least one fact on here---ebay india customer service is dazzling poor. let me encourage you a bit guys---i'm a powerseller, and last monday i wrote 11 mails to ebay---till today(thursday it is) i didn't get a single reply. its been 2 years, whatever my activities are here on ebay, certainly ebay and paisapay have been feeding on me all this time, not? yet if they don't bother to reply my mails, what service do you buyers and new sellers expect from them?

and yeah seema, you're good, i'm sure you are. but never mind, every single colleague of yours (apart from shadab)is more blunt than the other. where did your company find them?
Message 80 of 233
latest reply