Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

pradeepngnair
Community Member
Dear Seema,
Will you please update the status on my Ganesha Promotion Gift item PGANESHA04 for Paisapay ID: 32239022146 ?
Message 61 of 233
latest reply

arpana11arpana
Community Member
in july month 12 i bought a cannon camera in dat i got friendship gift as iron box.but till now i didnt get dat gift.i called so many times but dey r not giving d proper response.

PaisaPay ID 31698722963.

so give the proper response as high priority.
Message 62 of 233
latest reply

babubabubaby
Community Member
I loved India, that is why I came to India from Japan. But I hate India very much now only because of e-bay India. By far the worst ever in the world. I really wonder why only e-bay India is terrible like this although Indian people and culture are so wonderful. I will go back to e-bay USA and Yahoo auction in Japan. I will never come back to e-bay India. Totally unfair disgusting scoundrels. Should incur the wrath of God. Really really really disillusioned....
Message 63 of 233
latest reply

rupesh.rastogi
Community Member
I have bought an item (PaisaPay ID 32444804441) with gift code HDFCFREEG3(PS_Q3_VS_HDFC_NikonCamera_Rs15000+......)

Transection date 09-Nov-2012

from 09-Nov-2012 i am waiting for my gift and contact multiple times to customer support but they always come with either please wait status or some excuse.

few excused are here to view
(1)
Harshad R. 12:35:00
I want to inform you that the gift will be dispatched to you within 45 days at you registered address from the date of Transaction. and you made the transaction on 09-Nov-2012.

Comment : note here 45days not working days that means delivery scheduled before 24-Dec-2012

(2) 27-Dec-2012
Heena L. 10:45:40
So whenever you purchase an item with gift, you will receive an item first and then you will receive your gift within 45 working days and working days are excluding Sunday and Bank holidays from the date of transaction or from date of redeemption.
Heena L. 10:45:57
Once your gift will be dispatch you will be intimated by email with dispatch details of the gift.

Comment : contradicting previous information(point1) now 45 working days. Ok then delivery scheduled before 15-jan-2013

(3) on call around 22nd JAN 2013
your gift was undelivered so returned back by blue dart Air way bill no: 44627187780

Comment : contradicting previous information(point2). I haven't received any mail regarding the gift dispatch neither on mail account nor in ebay account to track the gift shipment. then how they can say that they have dispatched the gift through bluedart?

(4) Feb 12-2013
Heena L. 07:48:25
Service request number is 1-6399074186.
Heena L. 07:50:08
Be rest assured you will get the update for the same within 48 hours.

Comment : ok, impressed there is option of service request kind of thing. But don’t get update in these 48 hours.

(5) Feb 15-2013
Anuradha V. 10:19:19
Okay thank you dont worry you will get the call from the promotional team within half an hour

Comment : still waiting to complete these 30 min.

(6) Feb 15-2013
Nirmala A. 11:31:55
But don’t worry we are working on it and I will make sure that you receives an update for the gift status within 48 hours.
Comment: Again 48 hour result same as previous “No Update”

(7) Feb 19 2012
Harshad R. 10:19:49
Just now I have checked with my promotion team and they has already forwarded your gift details to high priority so the gift will be delivered to you within next 15 to 25 working days.

Comment : EBay-45 days are equal to 3 month and 11 days. Do I need to wait further to complete ebay special 25 working days(around 2 month) on such assurance.
Message 64 of 233
latest reply

devendrakumar2013
Community Member
I think that we are all wasting our time by posting on the board, when customer support dont know how to help then who will read this board.
I have been also cheated by the seller and refund is pending to solve.Now time has come to solve the problem and in my opinion write to country manager of ebay/president ebay calfornia.
Other alternate is register your case with consumerdaddy.com
For the time being all should stop purchasing through ebay.There are so many other on line good service provider.
Message 65 of 233
latest reply

sakinalirani
Community Member
extremely uncooperative and irresponsible attitude, item for which payment was already done online through debit card ,was sent by cash on delivery. unfortunately the item was recd by my son in my absence,and cash payment was also made. when i demand a refund, the response is poor. i contacted the seller also, yet no solution found.please help me.
Message 66 of 233
latest reply

grishmapalekar
Community Member
Ebay customer service is very irresponsible.I purchased a nokia mobile on ebay from seller "Hifi-4u" and the mobile is with a defective keypad,2nd hand mobile, low battery life product.Its been 10days that the complaint has been given..neither ebay nor the seller are settling the issue.I require a full refund towards the product.but seller is being unco-operative,& is dragging the case with topics apart from a solution towards the issue.This whole thing is wasting my time.Its been 10days & no reply for confirming the refund has happened.I have sent emails to ebay in this regard but no action has been taken so far & i havent even recieved a reply towards it from ebay.I hav requested ebay to take the initiative & help settle the prolonging issue.But there is no response from them at all.
Message 67 of 233
latest reply

vsha5397
Community Member
It is very shameful on behalf of eBay. Item id 330873596430 was booked on 18th Feb. 2013, has still not been delivered... No support from the customer care...
Message 68 of 233
latest reply

ladiesclub
Community Member
Your case is little good. My case (I am seller), I sold items, ebay got money from buyers, months time is over. Still ebay didn't released my money saying that they need proofs. After I submitted proofs, they are now telling that I need to improve feedbacks.

I told return my goods and return the money to buyers. No answer. My 20,000 rupees is blocked.
Message 69 of 233
latest reply

manojsalian2011
Community Member
Ebay sent me a faulty iPhone handset and claimed eBay guarantee will refund the entire cost but no refund was made, I have a trial of email confirming the issue was raised to the seller in writing by me from the day i received the delivery. eBay was totally unresponsive. I had to sell the handset at a loss. Later when escalated I got a call stating will get a refund for the loss of INR 4000.00, the executive confirmed my address and other details and mentioned will send a draft. Again after two weeks of waiting, I called up ebay customer service Mr. Arif confirmed with a Manager Mr. Huzaffa that the claim has been denied and closed as resolved.

I have a detailed trail of the email conversation. Feel free to send an email, il forward it.

Claim ID: 164175
PaisaPay ID: 32801564099
Item number: 251203003378
Seller ID: traveller9976
Date claim opened: 25-01-2013
Message 70 of 233
latest reply