Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

Dear hasrajaniharish,

As per the update received from our PaisaPay team, this issue has been resolved and the refund has been initiated on 24 August 2011.

In case of any account related issues, you can contact our Customer Support through any of the following channels -

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

Regards
Seema
Message 2 of 233
latest reply

Ebay customer care is a bit slow,but then it finally solves our problems.
Message 3 of 233
latest reply

hijyotishkoslg2011
Community Member
i am also struglling to get refund my money, my gareuntee claim id is 56695 dtd 8-8-11, i have purchase an item which was not as per description so i returned and talk to seller and he comitted me to help me to get refund my money but after that neither seller does pickup my phone nor reply my messege so i filed a case in ebay for gurantee claim but after filing 20 days haved been passed out and 30 days have been passed out from sale date neither ebay customar care solve my problem nor i got my money, i have contacted customer care several times all that they say that they are looking after the case and will call back within 48 hours. i think i am got cheated by ebay, and i will wait for another 7 days after that i will take help of consumer forum against ebay.....
Message 4 of 233
latest reply

rojeshp
Community Member
my claim 58999 was approved on 19 Sep and till date refund is not processed. When contacting customer support I always hear you wil receive a call back and that never happend.
ebay wil always support only seller. Beware guys never buy from ebay.
Message 5 of 233
latest reply

Dear rojeshp,

The claim has been closed in your favour. In case of any account related issues, you can contact our Customer Support through any of the following channels -

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

Regards,
Seema
Message 6 of 233
latest reply

gulu9502
Community Member
Dear Madam,
I purchase a new phone as it mention on ebay site,but seller send me a used phone, i return back this phone to seller via courier,I claim for refund and my claim no.is- 63279, please resole this issue as soon as possible.
Message 7 of 233
latest reply

net_buy_sell_123
Community Member
sir my claim matter is not yet solved it was suppose to solve within 7 days
Message 8 of 233
latest reply

fashionandfeminity
Community Member
I always have problems dealing with customer care of Ebay and account managers specially who actually have no time to resolve your issues.I keep calling them on their numbers and the only reaction they show is NO CARE.

Regards
fashionandfeminity
Message 9 of 233
latest reply

gadgeter29
Community Member
Claim # 75576

LOST MY iPhone 4s Because of Ebay India

Ebay Guarantee team in India is currently doing a very pathetic job of verifying whether the seller or buyer is a cheat or crook. I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer in New Delhi ( Sukhwinder2000 ) on the 24th of Jan 2012. He received the item on 25th of Jan 2012. He claimed the item was not working and all my attempts to help him failed. He finally claimed for a refund on the 1st of Feb 2012 with " Item Not Received". I proved to Ebay that the item was received by him and then the refund was put on hold.

The buyer shipped the item through DTDC courier back to me on 10th Feb 2012 from New Delhi to Chennai . I have received the courier on 15th Feb 2012 and to my shock and disbeleif I find that the item inside is a fake plastic dummy iphone ( not even a working model ).

A week later, ebay resolves the complaint in favour of the buyer. Now he possibly has my iphone and his money back.

Ebay Guarantee team tells me that they have resolved the issue only based on a declaration by the buyer and an insurance copy stating that the item is an iphone. Apparently that is all they need to prove that a this buyer has sent an original.
I managed to track down the courier company and the insurance company as part of my effort for justice. The agent who wrote out the insurance clearly told me that he did not personally check the item and that it is done in good faith and that every marine insurance (parcels ) etc are done as good faith.

Courier company stated the weight as 450 gms during time of booking. This is the same weight which I received. On replacing the fake with an original , the weight reads 500 gms. So I am assuming my sender has purposefully sent me a fake using this ebay loop hole.

My advice to all EBAY USER IN INDIA.

Please do not use ebay for selling expensive devices as their Ebay Gaurantee team has no competence in handling issues nor the patience. They do a half hearted effort and close the case. My attempt to make their team leader for case solution " Mr. Ashish Gupta " understand fell on deaf ears. He has the attitude that he really could'nt care less and actually complained that I was bothering his Claim Adjustor " Mr. Balwant " for following up.

At the end of the day, I have lost my iphone 4s, my money and my faith in Ebay India. I am going to avoid ebay at all cost henceforth and sincerely urge you all the use extreme caution.
Message 10 of 233
latest reply