cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim closed forcefully after Product shipped incorrectly [claim - 1002212]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Indian Citizens,

It takes great efforts and time to publish an unprofessional and unethical practise. You opt this approcah only when you feel deeply pained. I ordered a product and soon realized it was a wrong shipment. Then I raised a Claim hoping they would replace it. But it never happened. eBay once called me and offered coupons worth 300-400 rupees as compensation if I kept the product. But I insistited that I get the right product or refund. Then eBay said if I need refund I should courier the product which I never agreed to. I

said you sent me a wrong product hence you please take it away. Every call I made and online chat I had I kept saying you please pick the parcel or let me talk to Claim department. Durng all this while I did not realize eBay Claim process works independentaly. Irrespective of whom you talk to and what you talk and what you conclude, the eBay Claim Clock does not stop ticking. One fine day just an hour after having a chat with customer support I received en email stating I FAILED to ship the product to the Seller hence the claim is closed. There onwards whenever I spoke to customer support over phone and chat they kept proving that I FAILED to ship the packet in a given timeframe to the Seller. It sounded like a lost battel and a lost purpose. Everytime I had a dialogue with customer support I realized I was on the receiving end because I had FAILED. It became an ardent task to say 'All I needed was you send me the right product'. I spent almost 7-8 hours trying to get the matter resolved but with no effect. In this affair it appeared I was the only one who was assigned tasks and responsibilities inspite of being a customer and having spent on a product which was never miine. It felt like running from one goverment office to another.

TRUST ME, PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY EVEN IF THEY OFFER YOU DEEP DISCOUNTS. BECAUSE THEIR RETURN POLICY IS NOT GOOD AND AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS NOT WORTH THE PAINS YOU ENDURE.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Holla and other community members. My matter is resolved!

After I wrote to eBay management (search them on LinkedIn) I received a call withing 5 hours from 'Service Recovery Team' offering me compenssation worth 75% of product value in the form of coupons, plus I get to keep the product. No questions asked. I was glad with the response time, although the damage was already done.

I have conveyed to eBay management that their departments, especially Customer Support, needs to work in collabration internally and not just have machine level intelligence.

Signing off,

Bhavanishankar Degolia

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

holla
Community Member

As a fellow suffered customer, this is my opinion of what is going to happen next:

Your posts will be deleted by ebay saying it is violation of community policy.

- as happened with me. they deleted several of my posts.

But in my case, I wrote to CEOs of ebay india, ebay international, consumer forums, and also posted on my own web site about the problem.

So ebay called me, apologised and returned my money in the form of coupons.

Ebay also told me that I can keep the merchandise with me.

thank you ebay for listening to me.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Holla,

Can you please share emailid or contact of CEOs of ebay india and ebay international. You can contact me at degoliab@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your inputs.

Shankar

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Holla and other community members. My matter is resolved!

After I wrote to eBay management (search them on LinkedIn) I received a call withing 5 hours from 'Service Recovery Team' offering me compenssation worth 75% of product value in the form of coupons, plus I get to keep the product. No questions asked. I was glad with the response time, although the damage was already done.

I have conveyed to eBay management that their departments, especially Customer Support, needs to work in collabration internally and not just have machine level intelligence.

Signing off,

Bhavanishankar Degolia

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

barr-bhar
Community Member
Hi,
I purchased iPhone 4s 16gb and from the day one itself its behaviour make me pathetic.
I really frustrated with that and now not even switching on,I send mails and feedback I didn't get any replay from their folks,please help me or guide me in and share appropriate I'd to send mails,please kindly help me on this
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am an ebay seller, shipped an order to the customer and it was delivered also but customer raised a refund claim to ebay and after one week ebay processed the claim also, without my consent and knowledge and even not tried to get updated through online tracking of the courier.

When i put the matter through mail, received an standard reply that i should coordinate the customer directly now. Since last one month, requested the customer several time by mail and SMS, but finally today customer clearly refused to pay.

Pathetic experience.... 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They have robots in customers service sitting in some remote village where the only few words known are 'what can i serve you?' masala dosa, wada sambar, onion utthappa?' Freaking pathetic service. The top bosses are only taking fat salaries and watching the site go to hell.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply