Cheated by seller and Ebay

Hello,

This is regarding my order

I had ordered for 2 watches from the seller on 7th Jan,2015. According to ebay guarantee the watches should have reached me by 17th Jan'15. But till today(30th Jan'15) I have not received my items.

According to the tracking details the watches were delivered on 12th Jan. When I saw this, I immediately contacted the ebay customer care on 14th Jan'15 and informed the customer care executive about the same. Upon his suggestion I contacted the seller and requested her to look into the matter. She told me that she will provide me with the Proof of Delivery within 2 days. Since she failed to provide me with the same, I opted for ebay claim for both the items with claim IDs 844242 and 844239.

After a week of filing the claim I received a call from ebay claims department stating that my claim is in process and will be solved within 15-20 days.

On 24th Jan'15 I received sms and email from ebay stating that my claim is rejected because according to the courier tracking details the items were delivered on 12th Jan and I raised the claim on 17th Jan.

I immediately called the customer care once again asking for a resolution, but in vain!

I again contacted the seller and requested her to solve the issue and provide me with the POD. Finally after many days of communication with the seller I succeeded in obtaining the POD from her on 27th Jan'15. To my astonishment the POD which she provided to me and based on which ebay rejected my claim, does not have my signature or my family member's signature on it. In fact according to the delivery sheet the consignment number that was provided to me was in the name of some random person and hence was delivered to some random person.

Now I want an answer from ebay how can you reject my claim based on a document which does not even have my name and address, to which the delivery was to be done, leave alone my signature. Does this mean ebay paisapay guarantee is a scam??? Does this mean I pay and order for products and my claim is rejected/invalid even if it is delivered to some random person????

Even after multiple calls to ebay customer care, seller and even the courier company I received no resolution even after 2 weeks. Should I consider my money and products gone and me as a buyer trapped and cheated by the false ebay guarantee? 

In fact today when I called the seller and requested her to refund my money she told me I shouldn't have raised a claim and since I did so she will not help me in any way and I should only look for an answer from ebay. She even challenged me to lodge an FIR if i wanted!

I hope this mail of mine reaches some genuine person who understands the problem and situation and thoroughly investigates the matter and not just closes it because you have some random POD with you.

I am also attaching and marking the details at the POD which was provided to me by the seller for your reference. 

P.S: According to the POD the consignment number M15205236 (which was provided to me by ebay and the seller) is in the name of some SK Agarwal in the sheet and signed and received by some Navin whom I don't know! I made the order in the name of Mr. PJ Hazarika (my father).

When the so called 'Proof of delivery' does not have my or my father's name and signature on it, on whose name the order was placed. I don't understand how you consider it as proof!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cheated by seller and Ebay

anupmondal
Community Member
You will not get your purchased item ever. It has been cheated. Moreover DTDC!!! Have you noticed the POD carefully?
Message 2 of 2
latest reply