cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (10 Jan, 5 -6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House brings the opportunity to interact with senior staff members of eBay.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Wednesday, the 10th of January, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the Discussion.

See you on the 10th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Amitava (amitava123gems),

Wishing you a great New Year as well! Also hearty congratulations on becoming a Power Seller.

As regards your question relating to buyers getting the message โ€œAsk seller if he would ship to your countryโ€, this occurs when the seller does not specify international shipping charges. Thus if an international buyer is buying from a listing on the India site, he will get this message, so as to ensure that there is no miscommunication between buyer and the seller. I agree with you on simplifying the Buyer Experience; however I believe in this instance clarity at the time of confirming the transaction is better than the buyer facing post transaction pain when he discovers high shipping charges that he did not expect.

If a seller lists with International Shipping option, buyers do not see this message. I'd encourage you to evaluate this option to increase your conversion rates.

Thanks for your suggestion on Specialty sites. I will pass this on to the User Experience team for their consideration.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 31 of 69
latest reply

Dear Rajanji,
Kindly reply to the question raised by shree_krishna_gems (387 ) this is very important and seller may face problem in near future
Message 32 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi dnagar66,

I understand from the concerned team that the issue raised by you has been since addressed.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 33 of 69
latest reply

highshaka
Community Member
Mr MEHRA HI ,,WELCOME AS COUNTRY HEAD..AS A BUYER A HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS.. I HAVE ALREADY POSTED THESE PROBELMS AT COMMUNITY FORUM..BUT TO MY DISMAY NONE OF THE EBAY STAFF HAD TIME TO LOOK INTO IT...SO I WANT YOUR ATTENTION IN TO THIS MATTER...THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER MR MEHRA ...I AM POSTING THE SAME MEASSAGE HERE ..
PLEASE BE CARE FUL IN DEALINGS WITH THESE SELLERS..THEY ARE HAVING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS AND ARE SAME PERSONS...NAMELY 1.bluejewels_india....2.monikaenterprises....they are cheating epople in every way...there gold is not even 9kt where they say its 12kt ..and there diamonds is of very poor quality than what they mention in the auction and also the weight of diamonds ..is very less...in my case they its 0.10cents..where as they gave me only 0.03 cents..when i ask them they say return the item and we will give you 75% return...why..they are earning cool 25% with out doing anything..so i warned all ebay genuine buyers to be aware of them..and they don;t reply to you when you raise a dispute...and ebay in is helpless in doiong anything to them..i think...i have bought 2 items ...the item nos are ..1.130046001352 and other one is 120049032665..they are giving siolver instead of gold bny rodium polishing it ...ebay should do something to stop them from cheating people.
Message 34 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Shyam (nitro_fashion),

Thanks for your suggestion on TV advertising.

At all times the Marketing team evaluates various options for advertising including TV, Press, Radio, Outdoor and the internet. Our aim is to ensure that we most effectively communicate our message to the most relevant audience. Experience has shown us that internet marketing addresses our target audience most directly. That said, we believe there is a role for mass media such as Radio and TV and we will use them selectively from time to time.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 35 of 69
latest reply

highshaka
Community Member
feel very sad ..the way these ebay people is doing with me..they are asking a hell of things...like they want me to send them a fax copy of paise pay payment email sent to me by ebay...i feel sad..why man ...ebay has all the records than why this..just to harrass buyers..so they drop their claim out of frustation..and as i far i know they have done nothing to the seller so..its just trhey are with the sellers and not with buyers...and this type of cheating will be on a higher side in future..these sellers have multiple ids and they are cheating in a big way...which will become a scam in future also...hope ebay will help protect its name and goodwill...
Message 36 of 69
latest reply

highshaka
Community Member
SEE THE HEIGHT OF ARROGANCE...WHN I WENT TO LEAVE A FEEDBACK THAT THIS SELLER IS NOT AT ALL COOPERATIVE AND HIS PRODUCTS ARE NOT WHAT THEY MENTION IN THE LISTINGS...AND I GAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ..THE SELLER ALSO GIVES A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK TO ME SAYING I AM A FRAUD BUYER..CAN ANY ONE TELL HOW AM I A FRAUD BUYER WHEN I PAY BY CREDIT CARD PAISE PAY AND RECIEVES A WRONG ITEM WENT FOR A DISPUTE AND THAN FILE A CLAIM..I WANT A STRICT ACTION AGAINST THE SELLER ..AS THEY WILL NOT ALLOW TO LEAVE A GENUINE FEEDBACK ABOUT THEM..I WANT EBAY TO TAKE STERN ACTION ABOUT THIS SELLER AND ALSO FIND OUT HOW CAN THEY ACCUSE A BUYER WHO HAS MADE PAYMENT BY PAISEPAY AND THEY CAN CALL HIM FRAUD BUYER...I ONCE AGAIN APPEAL TO ALL EBYERS TO BE VERY CAREFULL IN DEALING WITH THESE SELLERS..IE:BLUEJEWELS..MONICAENTERPRISES,,,SHEETAL DIAMONDS ..MUST GET THERE ITEM CHCEKED....THEREGOLD IS NOT WHAT THEY SAY...AND DIAMONDS ..TOO..
Message 37 of 69
latest reply

Dear Rajan,
I have too many questions to be answered.Is there a ebay university in India as well? If not is there a way it can be started , so that we can be benefitted from a more interactive way.I have questions on legalities on selling wares abroad, number of listings of my products and number of prodict categories.
Can someone get in touch with me on this?

Regards
Bimal
Message 38 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Sunny (sunnyuff)

It is very encouraging to see that eBay is being used by users across India. I will attempt to answer your 4 questions below:

1. Transactions on any eBay site are safe. Iโ€™d encourage you to visit the following link for some tips on safe buying http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-tips.html
2. The PaisaPay platform is a safe & convenient mechanism for making online payments. It is disappointing to note that certain sellers have not completed the transactions with you as committed. Under the circumstances, buyers could leave negative feedback against the concerned seller or use the Dispute Console to lodge a complaint. On receipt of such complaints, we will take action against the seller under our Seller Non Performance guidelines.
3. Thanks for your tip on phone support for buyers โ€“ this is something that has often been asked for by the community and I assure you that we will give it due consideration and revert to the community on this issue before the end of this quarter.
4. As regards your request for a seminar in Guwahati, Iโ€™ll forward your request to our Acquisition team.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 39 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear asu8199,

I notice that you've had a number of transactions that seem to have gone smoothly. Unfortunately one bad experience can unravel all the good experiences of any consumer. We work very hard to educate sellers on the importance of providing Buyers a good buying experience. Unfortunately notwithstanding all our efforts we find that some sellers do not live up to our buyers expectations. We have always placed importance on providing our buyers a good experience and will continue to work to improve our seller education programs, as also to proactively take action against erring sellers early, to prevent buyers from having a bad experience.

Thanks for taking the time out to provide us your feedback.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 40 of 69
latest reply