cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (10 Jan, 5 -6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House brings the opportunity to interact with senior staff members of eBay.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Wednesday, the 10th of January, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the Discussion.

See you on the 10th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

snrama
Community Member
Dear Rajan Mehra,

Wish you a Very Happy New Year

Hope your main priorities get a great success and help the community a lot.. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 21 of 69
latest reply

neha_newyear
Community Member
SIR

I AM FACING PROBLEMS WITH BUYER OR UNIDENTIFY MAILS.
THIS IS A VERY SIMPLE WAY TO JOIN EBAY NEW USER.BUT SOME SELLERS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH UNIDENTIFY EBAY NEW USER.THAT USERS MAKE A BID OR FOR CREATING A PROBLEM(CHEATING,FAKE,FOR SELL OWN PRODUCT) TO SELLER.I AM FACING VERY MUCH PROBLEMS WITH THAT USERS.SOLUTION.
Message 22 of 69
latest reply

Hello Rajan Mehra,
First My Best Wishes to you.

I had to send some items to a buyer of Italy and thus I had went to the custom office.Today I had visited the main custom office here in Surat and met the Custom Officer incharge.

I had explained him about the things how we eBay sellers sell through www.ebay.in.

He said that whenever anyone do any export in which the payment is sent in advance, there must be a FIRC.
He said that its completely illegal to send any thing outside India without having the FIRC.

I told him that all the eBay sellers are dealing like that only,We eBay sellers do not get any FIRC from the payment gateway(Paisapay).

He said its a very wrong practice if any seller are doing such things and it may cause worst result for person sending item like that.

I will have to refund 100% amount to the buyer of Italy and I also afraid if he takes the things in suspicious way and post a negatuve feedback for me.

So friends all the eBay sellers doing export by accepting money via Paisapay are always in risk.

Its illegal to send items without FIRC.

I am posting all the information in interest of my seller friends and now no long story will help anyway.

Any person who have genuine knowledge about the issue is requested to post their views on this.

All eBay sellers doing export by accepting payment via paisapay are in danger(No FIRC = Illegal)

So Rajan Mehraji can you please tell me why paisapay do not issue FIRC??

Why eBay do not want that a seller do export freely and also get the benefits of the export?

I will wait for the answer,which should directly address the FIRC Issue,when eBay seller accept foreign money from Paisapay.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 23 of 69
latest reply

hypnosis_in1
Community Member
Dear Rajan Bhai ....
A Question Posted By A Top Co-Seller , shree_krishna_gems
Regarding FIRC Has Been Left Unanswered
By Most Of The Ebay Top People.
And It Is Being Continously Raised By Many People.
We Hope You Address This Issue Or Atleast
Assure Us To Work In Solving This Burning Issue
Regards
Message 24 of 69
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Rajan Mehra,

Please refer my Post No.1 where in have said that there are many un-answered questions since the last year and a half .. on International Selling.

FIRC is one such serious issue which needs to be solved at the earliest.

I don't have enough knowledge about how other Indian Sellers are managing it but am quite sure that many are following an illegal way.

ebay Team always directs us to consult the C.A for any tax related issues but never guides us if at all it's legal or not.

As per my knowledge .... accepting payments in Indian Rupees and exporting goods out of India is illegal.

Instead of INR gateway ..... one needs US$ Gateway .... for such kind of work whereby the Merchant should receive payments in dollars (However small the amount is)

Payments received through PAISAPAY is fine when someone is paying for the Item to be Gifted in INDIA itself.

I hope before concluding this Open House you will atleast let us know whether accepting Payments in INR and exporting Goods out of INDIA is ..... legal or NOT ?

Your straight forward reply would be of great help to many Sellers. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 25 of 69
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

A warm welcome and thanks for joining us today in this discussion.

Today we have Rajan Mehra, Country Manager for eBay India with us. Rajan will be with us for next one hour and will be answering your questions on buying and selling on eBay. To post your question, thoughts or comments, please click on the Post a reply button. Rajan will start with answering to previously posted questions.

Please welcome Rajan to the boards and we get started!

Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 26 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi folks,

Thanks for having taken the time to post some very thoughtful questions. Hopefully over the next 60 minutes, I'll be able to address some of the key issues of importance to you and the community. To the extent that I'm not able to cover off any issues completely today, I assure you that these will be resolved shortly.

Regards,
Rajan
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 27 of 69
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Welcome Rajan Mehra ..... we have high expectations from you. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 28 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Umang (indconcept),

Thanks for your good wishes and your active participation within the eBay community. I have often seen you guide various community members on the boards and want to take this opportunity to also thank you for the same.

As regards global trade, this is a priority for eBay India. As a one of itโ€™s kind platform, eBay provides Indian sellers and buyers a unique global window for trade. We are encouraged by the rapidly growing trend of the number of exporters and transactions from India. As with any pioneering business, doing retail global trade has some challenges. While it is entirely legal to conduct global trade on the eBay platform, we understand the processes can sometimes be cumbersome for small exporters. We find that some members of our community have been able to develop best practises for global trade and Iโ€™d encourage these members to provide feedback to the community regarding some of the concerns raised. Meanwhile on our part, we are actively working with various government agencies, who are supportive of our efforts, to try and get clarity and simplicity for sellers who conduct international transactions.

I notice another more recent question raised by you as regards the legality of export transactions on eBay. I want assure you that it is legal to receive payments through PaisaPay for international transactions as long as export formalities are complied with.

Trust this addresses your concern.

Thanks,
Rajan
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 29 of 69
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear assemblerz,

Thanks for your good wishes.
Best Regards
Rajan
Message 30 of 69
latest reply