cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (10 Jan, 5 -6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House brings the opportunity to interact with senior staff members of eBay.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Wednesday, the 10th of January, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the Discussion.

See you on the 10th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

goyalwc
Community Member
I do agree with the views expressed by asu8199 (13 ) i too had a bitter experience of ebay sellers domination. i had sent numerours message to ebay to redress my grievances. bit all in vain. after prolonged messages i got my money back. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT EBAY IS A PLATFORM FOR SELLERS ONLY. BUYERS JUST CAN'T GET JUSTICE.
GOYALWC
Message 11 of 69
latest reply

goyalwc
Community Member
DEAR EBAY MANAGEMENT TEAM

I AM SORRY TO PUT ANOTHER MESSAGE.

I ALSO ENDORSE THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY dnagar66 (0 ) I HAD SENT ABOUT ONE DOZEN MESSAGES THAT I WANT TO SEE THE BUSINESS HEAD OF EBAY INDIA TO EXPRESS IN DETAIL THE PROBLEM FACED BY ME. I WAS READY TO COVER A DISTANCE OF 1800 KMS APROX. I EVEN BOUGHT RETURN AIR TICKETS FOR MUMBAI. BUT I WAS UNSUCCESSFUL IN MY ATTEMPT. ALL I GOT WAS ONE TELEPHONIC CALL FROM ONE MR SAMIR TELLING ME DROP MY IDEA OF VISITING MUMBAI AS BUYERS ARE SELDOM ENCOURAGED TO RAISE THEIR GRIEVANCES. IT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES THAT EBAY IS DOMONATED BY SELLERS.

PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF IT HURTS EBAY'S POLICIES. BUT MY ADVICE TO ALL BUYERS:- DEAL WITH EBAY, PAY PROMPTLY AND WEEP PROMPTLY.

GOYALWC
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

Dear Rajan,

Do accept my heartiest congtratulations on your new responsibility as the sole contry head of ebaY India. The entire community is with you to take ebay.in to the new level.

Do look in to some pending issues of sellers to grow the business even further.

Here are some lucunae in the site which need immediate atttention:

1) COD error. Outstation buyers are able to choose COD mode of payment even when sellers are offering only local (same city) cod. There is no ability to offer cod for only limited cities. Most couriers in India offer cod services to limited cities. All other ecommerce sites have support for offering cod to limited cities.

2) VAT issue. Whenever a user enters the wrong spelling in the name of his state, he ends up paying no VAT. How will seller pay VAT / CST to the government when they cannot collect the same from the buyers? Poor sellers today have to sell out which they cannot collect from their customers due to erroneous programming on the site.

There are also some long standing demands of all sellers. Gautam had given a time frame for resolution of all of these. Since it is almost 6 months since these assurance was given, hopefully these issues would be resolved this quater.

These being :

1) OBT to seller's account for PaisaPay or atleast courier of cheuqes instead of DDs as of present. Same bank cheques are cleared instantly against dd which even if of same bank take 2-3 working days to clear.

2) Buyer Verification - through CC / OBT. or atleast the ability to list certain product open only to PaisaPay verified buyers.

3) Integrated checkout. Current ebay checkout is too complicated for the BIN business which I believe is more than 70% of current ebaY.ins sales today.

4) BIN - IPR - PP (Buy It Now - Immediate Payment Required via PaisaPay). Sorely needed to bring down the current absurd rate of UPI.

5) Possibility of accepting debit cards.

6) Bring EL charges to a reasonable level. Today a hompepage listing at Rs.300/- does not make good sense for most of the sellers. A EL feature should be available to sellers by which his listings would always come on top of every view either search or category.

7) Listing Fees - however nominal they be, this will bring down multiple listings and listing of non saleable products and make browsing the site a much more pleasureable experience.

8) Ability to list a product as many times as a seller wishes till he pays the listing fees, alteast 15 as on ebaY.com)

9) Alignment of SNP matrices to Indian conditions. If 80% of a sellers mindspace is taken up by TnS, how will he concentrate on growing his business. Many longtime genuine and serious sellers have quit the site, many more will follow suit, if things do not improve.

Do try to speed up impelementation of this suggestions as these will make the lives of sellers much more simpler and help to grow business manifold.

Regards,

Devesh
Message 13 of 69
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
Woes :

1.If you have paypaisa as an ebay company , then the paypal icon to should be visible to international buyers . That icon generates a lot of confidence in buyers . Ebay.in sellers are at loss because paypal is still not in India .

2. Reconcilition of categories. Our competitors have more watched categories which is not available for Indian sellers . Example .. Ethnographic > Pacific Rim

With this limited bare-bone features available to Indian sellers for global markets , by charging exorbitant international fees Ebay-India is taking its users for a ride .
Message 14 of 69
latest reply

glorygalaxy
Community Member
Dear Rajan,
Whish you all the success in your new assignment and role. I am happy to read your future programme and wish you can implement it as per projected schedule and I wish you well in that endeavour.
It is needless to add to your projected programme because if implemented, that will give smart beginning for all of us here. And yes, I am of the opinion, you should get a free hand to start with. So for other issues, I keep the wait of next discussion board, where we can assess the success and if need be may project an alternate suggestion.
So, I again wish you well and wish you and your team very meaningful 2007.
Message 15 of 69
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

First, best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2007.

I think you need to emphasize more on Customer care. May be some more knowledgeable staffs ( like Sapana, Rohit ... ) are required. A few seems to lack proper knowledge of ebay rules.

I have a suggestion. If you allow they sellers to buy home page features slot, rather than putting a particular listing as home page featured, then I think it may work better for those selling lower value items. Allow them to give option of 4-5 items for that slot. I think it will become more popular, unless you raise the charges too much from the present Rs.300.

Lastly, even after all the discouraging notes I still dream of getting free gallery listings in ebay India. At least you can provide us more gallery free weeks. I don't think everybody likes the environment friendly green camera icon looks of ebay listing pages ;-) .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
Dear Rajan Mehra,
The VAT / CST is a major problem !! The genuine seller has a straight loss of the amount of tax if tax is not added. The buyer looses faith in the system if the seller calls him and explains the faults of ebay tax calculation. I am always in touch with the Account Manager/Customer care but I get an answer either collect the tax amount seperatly or refund the buyer.
Buyer makes spelling mistake = Sellers Loss?
Buyer makes spelling mistake = Sellers Loss? Everytime?
I often get such cases hence I am highlighting here.
Suggestion:
Use a drop down menu for States when buyer enters shipping address, hence the buyer has to choose from the limited States and cannot make any kind of mistakes.

Regards,
Assemblerz
Message 17 of 69
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Dear Rajan ...

Does Ebay Uses The Concept Of Mystery Shoppers To Evaluate

1st Hand Experiences Of Buyers And What They Expect From Sellers ???

If YES ...

It Could Be Great If Such A Programme Is Transferred To Top Buyers

Of The Site Who Are Interested !

Sponsoring A Few Active And Regular Buyers Of The Site To Act As

Mystery Shoppers For A Limited Time For Ebay Could Be Contemplated ??

This Way They Are Rewarded For Their Continous Purchases And Association

With Ebay And At The Same Time ,

Ebay Gets A Lot Of First Hand Experience From The Report
Provided By These Buyers.

A Lot Of Presently Dormant Members Who Were

Top Buyers Once Upon A Time Can Also Be Brought In Back in To The Groove

Since The Sellers Are Not Aware That They Are Selling To Mystery Shoppers

Who Would Be Giving A Complete Shopping Experience Report ! ,

A Rather Transparent And True Reporting Would Help Your Team

To Guide The Whole Selling Community.

Regards / Hitesh

http://www.stores.ebay.in/hi2k-georgettes

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

ksnagaraja2006
Community Member
Hi,

I am very new to eBay. I joined only last month. And probably because of this, I have not been able to start selling on eBay. Could you kindly let me know how to start selling on eBay - two types of products - one, some old usable things lying around in my house, and the second one, eBooks. I would be very thankful to you if you could put me on the right track and let me know step-by-step procedure on how to sell products online on eBay.

Thanks again,

K. S. Nagaraja Rao
Message 19 of 69
latest reply

Hello Mr. Rajan Mehra,

Congratulations to be our Country Manager and wish you a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.

My question is that my feeback rating is more than 100 with 100% Positive and I am elligible to become a Power Seller according to your minimum requirements but until today nobody from your team has contacted or invited me for the Power Seller Program.

I have mailed this complaint to Sapana few days back but she never bothered to reply me. Can you please explain the reason why have I not been invited or most probably when will be I invited?

May your future plans get a great success and lead eBay India to the top of all other relative sites.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,
Mohib-uz-Zaman
Message 20 of 69
latest reply