cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (10 Jan, 5 -6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House brings the opportunity to interact with senior staff members of eBay.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Wednesday, the 10th of January, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the Discussion.

See you on the 10th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Rajan Mehra,

First of all a Very Happy New Year to you.

We congratulate you on being appointed as the single Country Manager for all of ebay India's operations.

I am really excited about the main priorities your have set for 2007 :-

1. Making the site more simpler
2. Popularising Global Trade

Making the site simpler would rake-in more Buyers & Sellers and trade would definately flourish.

I am more concerned about the Global Trade opportunities for Indian Sellers. We are not being guided properly on the legalities associated with Global Trade. If you scroll down the threads of International Selling on Community Boards, you will find many un-answered questions since the last year and a half.

I am sure that with Global Trade being high on your agenda, you leave no stone un-turned to elevate the Indian Entrepreneurs to become sucessful Exporters. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 69
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
Wishing Rajan and Gautam all success in the new roles!
Message 3 of 69
latest reply

Dear Mr Mehra Saheb,
Wish you a very prosperous and pleasant NEW YEAR 2 0 0 7.
I have 2 simple suggestions.
1.Stop that pop up which you show to international buyers when he attempts to pay reads somewhat like :: 'Ask this seller if he would ship to your country.' This is absolutely boring and frustrating for a buyer. This is affecting sales very very much. Buyers getting diverted to other sites.
You can ask sellers to do this adjustments in 'preferences'. Please give buyers an uninterrupted and pleasant buying experience. I am telling this because buyers are complaining. PLESE DO SOMETHING. This is a reason for falling international sales. If you want, I can give you a particular case as reference.
2.Then I think ,you are not highlighting speciality sites. They need more exposure. Why not locate them some place on top of Home page? Am I sasking too much?? This is my view, but I am not pressing you for this. After all you know what works best.

Best wishes,
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 69
latest reply

dnagar66
Community Member
Dear Mr. Rajan,

This is with regard to my approved claim no. 1095035 under E-bay Purchase Protection program.

As per E-bay's Policy, I should have recevied my approved claim amount within 30 days from the Claim Notification Mail.

I got the e-mail on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 from eBay Customer Support informing my aforesaid claim has been found on my behalf and a claim payment will be issued via Demand Draft, in the amount of Rs. 11948.00 through eBay, Inc. in the next 30 days.

It is indeed a serious matter of concern that inspite of my e-mail intimating non-receipt of claim amount during next 30 days, I am not in receipt of my legitimate claim amount till date. Why E-bay itself is not following the policies framed by them. Could you please inform me exactly by what time I will get my claim amount back.

Thanks & Regards,
Message 5 of 69
latest reply

Hello,

Spend more on TV/print ads rather than online ads !

The kinda ads like baazee !

I really feel baazee was so much better than ebay !!

Regards
Shyam
Message 6 of 69
latest reply

sunnyuff
Community Member
Dear sir,

Wishing u a warm welcome to ebay community.
Sir, I have some qestions & complains, one regarding buying from outside of india and other with having a transaction with paisapay.

Firstly, is a transaction outside of india through ebay is safe, if paying using paypal.
Secondly, is every transaction through paisapay is 100% safe. During the last year two of the sellers refuses to give me the product even if i have paid through paisapay,they refunded my money back telling that the price of the item is increased. when we buy some thing on ebay it is a legal contract between buyer and seller and seller is bound to sell the product after bidding conformed but under ebay i think it is a legal contract for the buyer only.please tell me your opinion regarding these,Also i want that there should a contact number of ebay customer care so that whenever we get any difficulties we can clearify it in seconds, becouse when we mail ebay regarding any difficulties the answer comes nearly after 3-4 days. My last request is that please arrange a seminar for buying & Selling in Guwahati.

Wishing u all success,

Thanks & Regards,

Sunny Jhunjhunwala
Cell : 9954028799
Message 7 of 69
latest reply

asu8199
Community Member
Hello,
I am afraid the so called buyer's protection is slowly dwindling in EBAY since Sellers have more domination and unilaterlly dictating when you are asking a question. They put their listing without holding proper stock of the particular listed item. I have very bitter experience in two of my purchases where I was left with no other option except to get refund which is a boring and grueling experience in EBAY. EBAY can make it mandatory for the sellers that they should not put their listing unless they are holding proper stock of that item which they put on listing. Without having stock of the item they are trying to hold buyers money which will not pave way for an healthy atmosphere in EBAY TRDING. If they are going to continue this practice, I am sorry to say EBAY will get a very bad name and we buyers have no other option except to think that EBAY is not for buyers and it is only for Sellers. Are you going to be a party for this bad trading? Please understand the pathetic plight of the BUYERS who solelly believe EBAY. Thank you,
ASUTOSH KALYAN
Message 8 of 69
latest reply

vikramsownshop
Community Member
Hi,

The procedure for asking credit card photocopy by paisapay for verification after credit card purchase of "high value" transaction is not in taste. It defeats the purpose of electronic purchase.

"High Value" is definitely vague and not specified on the paisapay FAQ. Rather a standing credit policy may be issued to ensure the credit rating of buyers and sellers are assured.

Request eliminate any such verification process which is not only cumbersome, but delays payments to sellers and causes inconvenience to buyers.

Regards,

Vikram
Message 9 of 69
latest reply

gasteria2thl
Community Member
If I want to sell live plants what category would they fall into?

Ram
Message 10 of 69
latest reply