when i am on checkout page i have seen extra government charges will charged on your product.?

chik-somn
Community Member

when i am on checkout page i have seen Extra government charges may be applicable for your item(s) which needs to be paid on delivery. An official receipt will be provided. what is it means & which charges?

View Entire Topic

Sir, I am highly upset as per the above subject. Product:- TICKET HOLDER PASSPORT  with free shipping for delivery anywhere in India. Sir, if it is written free shipping, it means that there are no hidden charges applicable except the Convenience charges as per eBay rule. But when i proceeded for the payment, on the top of the review order page stating that, "Extra government charges may be applicable for your item(s) which needs to be paid on delivery. An official receipt will be provided", But Sir, no information was provided regarding how much i'll be charged but still i proceeded for my payment in under impression that it will like eBay convenience charges, but again came-up with a bigger surprise that there is no COD(cash on delivery) payment option available, but still i went for payment by using my Credit Card b'cozof mytrust on eBay guarantee, but to my luck some network problem occured, and i did. Not receive OTP(One Time Password), which resulted in payment failure. But next time before payment of the same product, i called up on eBay customer support to enquire about this Government charges, first the Customer support executive replied me with that their aystem is upgrading and i need to call them after eome time about the information regarding the particular product. But then i asked them straight away that, how much i'll have to government charges to. the delivery boy, but i got a surprise that Rs800/- government charges for Rs399/- wallet. I directly asked the eBay spokes-person that why government charges was not mention, even there was no option for COD(Cash on Delivery), which would have resulted in the customer getting fooled. What would had happened if i had done the payement using my Credit Card, in short i would have ended-up paying 200% mire than the actual. mentioned price of the product. or even if i wanted to return it i've to pay. Rs800/- for return paymnet courier charges, as it was dewcribed by the seller. In short i would have ended up like a Fool. Sir, i told ur spokes person that i want to talk to ur manager regarding this issue but ur eBay spokes-person directly disconnectd my call, even i called-up after that again on eBay customer service support, but again they ignored & disconnected my call. Sir, i am very dis-appointed by eBay customer support as well as half and hidden information on the sold products. Sir, i did not suffered a loss lost my trust from eBay. Kindly look in to this matter and take it seriously as a feedback from an eBay costumer who was blindly buying products on the name of eBay Guarantee. The same thing i asked to the seller but still no reply from them.

Ask a Question