cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ebay.in --- A paradise for sellers selling fake watches

Hi all sellers and buyers,

I wanted to purchase a casio watch from eBay and I found that there are lots of fake Omega, fake Rado, fake Rolex watches listed on eBay.

I reported some of them but to my surprise, eBay has taken no action against these items or the sellers.

The sellers bluntly mention that they won't provide a certificate or a warranty against these watches. The sellers have feedback less than 100 and all are selling watches at prices at least 10 times lower than the market price which is a proof that the items are fake.

The starting range of a genuine Tag Heur starts from Rs 36000 and Omega starts from Rs 48000. Then how come the sellers are listing these watches at prices as low as Rs 5000.00 for a brand new watch?

It seems that ebay.in Trust and Safety is either sleeping or too much ignorant to understand that these watches are fake.

God save buyers and honest sellers on ebay.in

Truly, ebay.in is a paradise for fraudulent sellers.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Here is a chat with eBay:

12:01:10 PM real.phoenix
Initial Question/Comment: Bidding / Buying
12:01:15 PM System
Thank you for contacting eBay.in Live Help. Please hold for the next available Live Help agent.
Ashok S. has joined this session!
Connected with Ashok S.
12:01:20 PM real.phoenix
Hi Ashok
12:01:45 PM Ashok S.
Hello, welcome to eBay Live Chat! My name is Ashok . How may I help you today ?
12:02:03 PM real.phoenix
My verification details: Rashida Baldiwala / 6/3/C Ashiyana Flats Paldi Ahmedabad 380007 26671593 9898787357
12:02:22 PM Ashok S.
Thank you for the information
12:02:34 PM real.phoenix
You're welcome.
12:04:34 PM real.phoenix
I was looking at ebay.in to buy a casio watch but when I see the listings results, I find a lot of fake watches listed on eBay. I also reported a few of them but it seems that nothing is done by your Trust and Safety department against the sellers selling fake Rado, fake Omega and fake Rolex watches. Here is one of such item where the seller bluntly refuses to send the certificate of authenticity along with the watch - 180498844696
12:04:40 PM real.phoenix
Whats going on here?
12:06:15 PM real.phoenix
Buyer are getting continuosly cheated by such fruadulent sellers and it affects business of good sellers as well as reputation of eBay. Aren't you at all bothered?
12:06:25 PM Ashok S.
Kindly bear with me , while I check the details for you.
12:06:58 PM real.phoenix
Check the item - 180498844696 and all other items listed by the same seller. All are fake watches.
12:08:40 PM Ashok S.
we do have a "Trust and Safety" team in place to look into such matters
12:08:55 PM real.phoenix
Have you read my messages Mr Ashok?
12:09:10 PM Ashok S.
In this case , you can report this item , we will surely take appropriate actions
12:09:10 PM Ashok S.
Yes
12:09:43 PM real.phoenix
So why are you telling me the things that I already know?
12:10:13 PM real.phoenix
Connect me to your floor supervisor. I want to talk top him/her

No responseโ€ฆโ€ฆ
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Hi, I checked myself, The watches are 100% fake, Here is a copy paste from one item description-
"
COLOURS OF DIAL AVAILABLE ARE -- BLACK, BLUE, PINK, BROWN, GREY, WHITE.........WILL BE SENT AS PER AVAILABLITY........BUYER WILL NOT BE INFORMED BEFORE SENDING.........

YOU COULD ALSO GET A LEATHER STRAP IF METALLIC IS NOT IN STOCK........SO BUY ACCORDINGLY........
"

Who will keep TH watch's so many color dial avaialable,
Also the seller has given his mobile number in words without giving paisapay Banner.

My couple of listing were brought down by INRS because I had put links of facebook and that give me 5-star DSR image (which I got from eBay only), And I am an honest seller selling genuine items.

But why is eBay not bringing down these listings? I guess the reason is this seller has about 15 listings with all of them featured, so he is paying a lot of listing fees..

Lord Help EBay.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Let us all genuine sellers unite and escalate this issue to eBay to remove the fraud sellers.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

pcrock
Community Member
Mr. Phoenix
Nothing is going to happen as I feel that eBay loves to make money withour caring consumer satisfaction or protection against Fakes.
I told about fake Ray Ban sunglasses on eBay & but after my post I saw many seller stop selling those fakes but still there are few who are selling.
I hope writing here is of no matter eBay dont do anything.

Prem
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

bidforeyewear
Community Member
Ebay should take action against those who are selling duplicate watches or seller should specify clearly that it is not original. Yesterday I was completely surprised when I was trying to find the price of Tag heur watches as I was about to purchase but looking at price I was disappointed that I could not found original tag heur watch. Due to these fake watches if someone actually list original tag heur watches no body will believe.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I completely agree with you Mr. V. J. Gupta.

By allowing fake watches on eBay, the eBay India Team doesn't only reduce the business of the genuine sellers selling authentic watches but also jeopardize their reputation and loose their Final Value Fees. An authentic watch would sell at a high (and correct) price and by that way eBay can also earn high FVF and maintian a good reputation.

Unlike ebay.com or ebay.co.uk, the team in India is very careless and unprofessional. They allow Buy-It-Now price of Rs 100 and Shipping cost of Rs 1000.00 and also allow lots of fake products. Genuine sellers can't survive on ebay.in like this.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Ebay team is busy in writing new rules ๐Ÿ˜„ like strict power seller criteria,DCR,Ebay guaranty to harass genuine seller and squeez them to point that they would left no option but leave ebay.
Atlast only fraud seller and buyers will prevail :-pand they would have only one business to find loopholes to abuse system.

Samin
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

chandru1432
Community Member
Firts of all Ebay shouldn`t allow the fraud seller`s in his business. and seeing all above comments, ebay is giving the chance to entertain with buyers & money. one day definately ebay will loose all buyers becoz of these kind of seller`s.
Even i purchased CASIO G-SHOCK watches on 22-april and after 8 days also there is no respond from seller`s after tried to contact the buyer and given contact nummber doesn`t exit. and suddenly today morning got message like"buyer didnot shipp the goods so you money will be refunded with in 5days". if buyer is not purchsed the item after bidding, the buyer will be in block list. if seller did not shipp why Ebay is allowing them, and what is the action if realy ebay have strict rules.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

ashishjoshi999
Community Member
just now have bidded for a fossil watch which started from 100 Rs and is now INR 1550, and i'm the highest bidder at this moment. now am worried what if i ended up as the highest bidder. though as per the pics watch looks genuine and i've checked the feedback against the seller that too is good positive and hence encouraging. but am now worried with the news coming up and posts going around in one forum to another.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply