cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay India - Poor Courier Service like DTDC should be banned to sellers in ebay India.

Hi ,

When online sellers like Flipkart , Amazon are doing their best in delivering the products to customer on time, eBay delivery system is very very poor .  

I had ordered an Item , ID: 271639491804 from eBay India.The seller shipped promptly the Item through DTDC K7XXXXX . After couple of day’s when I checked in DTDC online tracking , it was showing status as ATTEMPTED . I was surprised , as no once had come to my home or reach to me for delivering the item.

When I tried to call there support number given in website to Chennai numbers no one was ready to pic it up & I wrote a mail to them , but then no response .

Then I some how got a DTDC guys number near our area in Chennai and asked him about the issue .I now have to go and pick the item ,I not sure if I will get it .I am sure no action from DTDC will be taken on such Branch / unethical service provider .If Ebay could BAN such courier it will be better other good service provider to give good service.

I now will think twice should I ordered it in Ebay or Flipkart / Amazon . Amazon has one day delivery . I am sure it will take a lot of time for eBay to come to the standard / Service what amazon can offer . Flipkart is Very reliable , Amazon had one day delivery . Ebay now had become very unreliable ....

Thanks,

Regards,

John

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay India - Poor Courier Service like DTDC should be banned to sellers in ebay India.

I agree with you completely in the matter of DTDC couriers but that's what all couriers agents in India do be it bluedart or fedex or others.

Flipkart and Amazon work differently, they have central warehouses or hubs located all over India and the delivery is done from there by their own couriers and not by 3rd party.

But one thing you will agree that product range and cost ebay is much better than other online sites.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,

Couple of years back we had only eBay to sell items online .Today the game is different , as there are many online players.

eBay's reputation is on stake and have become very unreliable due to such poor service providers.

I ordered an item from Flipkart , it came to me with out any problem today & Flipkart had send a message to me when the item have reached my City .Once item have been delivered ,then again I get a confirmation message.

Now I know that all item bought from Flipkart reaches me safely , on the other hand eBay has become very unreliable as I need to worry if my item will reach me safely.

Yesterday, I had talked the DTDC people in my location & told I will come in person to collect that item as they are unable to do it ( With out enven omming to me home / calling me ) simply saying shifted .

I had gone to their shop today on the way to my office and collected my items.

Business model need to change/evolve according to the customer feedback & Truly I feel eBay lack this.

Do you really think I will buy an item because it is cheep in eBay than Flipkart or Amazon ? Surly No , as I find it reliability from others on line stores .Items I buy from eBay will be the one that I don't get from other online stores .

There is no fault on the seller here ..as he is a new as an eBay Seller and have called me up to resolve this issue .

We can only hope necessary steps / action and improvements will be taken by eBay soon to Safe Guard the Buyer , Seller and also the reputation of eBay that is at Stake.

Regards,
John

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Mr. John it is nice to converse with someone who know what they are talking.

Your point is well appreciated what you say about the courier situation on ebay but that has been resolved to a large extent since the introduction of ebay sponsored logistics know as "PowerShipping" which ebay has started from April 2012 and it includes courier cos like Fedex, Bluedart, Aramaex and DOTZOT(powershipping is not mandatory, a seller has to opt for it).

But still some issues with regards to powershipping need to be sorted out from ebay's end like for example I have requested ebay a 100 times that please make the buyer's aware that the seller under consideration is using ebay's powershipping program so that the buyer's anxiety is reduced and he is assured that the item will safely and surely reach him but ebay morons as usual have not paid any attention to this suggestion I don't know why and hence 2 things are happening,

1. First time buyers are anxious about the safety and timely delivery of the product and

2. Many sellers falsely claim that they use ebay's powershipping program when they are not doing so.

And as a result of ebay's foolishness and arrogance and a care 2 hoots attitude all good buyer's have bid farewell to ebay and moved to other sites where there is complete transparency and good customer support (these 2 terms are not known to ebay India at all)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply