cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

coupon applied, cost reduced, still debited original price

aviabhijeet
Community Member
a couple of days ago i placed an order for tp-link router, used coupon code that flashes every 8 in the morning and evening. original price rs 1749, successfully applied 20% discount coupon code and cost reduced to 1399.20
so i went ahead and placed the order.

Here i got surprised, the confirmation email said
original price: 1749
coupon code xxxxxxxxxx successfully applied

hence 1749 was cut (striked through) and was written
net price 1399.20

But after that the mail said
net amount paid: 1749

i contacted my bank and they also confirmed that 1749 was debited.

what i don't understand is that the mail displays the 10 digit coupon code and says applied successfully, it therefore cuts 1749 to 1399 but why the hell it writes again in the bottom net amount paid is 1749.
this is definitely not the case of "coupon not applied" because confirmation mail comes after all the process has completed and the mail itself says xxxxxxxxxx has applied successfully.

infact my paisa pay account also shows 1799 cut to 1399 and again a bit lower is written "net amount paid:1749".

i tried to contact ebay on 18.03.13, the guy was very helping, he understood my problem but later started making foolish reasons. First, he told:
code sucessfully applied, but shipping charges added and 1399.20 again increased exactly to 1749.
i told him shipping is free, he checked and agreed but came up with new reasons. At last he told it was due to some technical problem and would help me by taking issue to higher authority. he also promised to contact within 24 hrs but did not.

I again tried, but twice or thrice my call was disconnected after hearing the problem. at last, i got a good guy which did not disconnect after hearing the problem, he told he had forwarded the issue to promotion department and has promised me a call within 24 to 48 hrs.

Let's see whether he calls. don't think so, don't think ebay will refund or give another 350 rs discount coupon on any next buy.

what do you guys think about the issue.......
feel free to comment
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

coupon applied, cost reduced, still debited original price

It happened to me too!
Message 2 of 2
latest reply