cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cheated ebay buyers unite for mass legal action...

cybernautilus_in1
Community Member
If you have been cheated on eBay.in please let us get together for community legal action. Start replying to this post with your cheat story, ID of who cheated you and the amount you lost. Let us take this mass cheating going on here to the court and to the press and TV channels! [By naming your cheater you alert other buyers as well as harm the cheater's earnings.]

ARE YOU WITH ME?!

I'll start with my story:
I was cheated by computerassociate of Rs. 5,500/- for item never delivered. He has stopped responding to my phone calls so I won't even expect any replies to my emails (all through the eBay system, by the way).

When I lodged my dispute on the dispute console, ebay sent me this (untenable if this was a brick-&-mortar place) lame excuse that they are just facilitators and not involved in the transaction blah blah blah.

LETS UNITE ONCE MORE MY INDIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND THROW OUT THE CHEATER ENABLERS WHO SIDE WITH LAWBREAKERS and feign helplessness to help legitimate HONEST buyers like YOU and me.
Mangal Pandey
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

sohailakhters
Community Member
i have purcahsed a neclace on ebay

the seller got deregistered and i didnt receive the item even after paying for it

now ebay is also quite on protection shield they offer,
they dont respond

sohail
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

mbhangui
Community Member
Today Was My first experience with ebay. Rather bad I would say. I purchased Ipod Camera Connector from mumbaistores. After debiting of Rs 2000/- online from my bank, the seller now says that the item has been discontined and the refund will take 7 days. Why take 7 days when the mistake is by the seller in listing an item which is not there? I am not able to also leave a negative feedback as the ebay site says that I can do only after 5 days. Frustating experience for Indian Users.
Message 22 of 46
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Though most of the transactions on eBay go through smoothly, there are always some of them that are not that smooth. to ensure a smooth buying experience eBay has certain policies and Buyer Protection Program that covers and eBay buyer upto 10,000 Rs of purchase.

mbhangui,
As you mentioned that your seller is not willing to ship you the product and wants to give you a refund, you may yourself ask for a refund from PaisaPay by the following process:
Click on Contact Us to contact customer support:
click on ask about Bidding or Buying>>>PaisaPay transactions>>>I need a refund.

This will ensure a faster refund for you.

sohailakhters,
Since your seller has received your payment and is not willing to send your product, may i request you to open a dispute against the seller? Once the dispute is closed, you can file for buyer protection. This workshop will give you some quick FAQs about Dispute Process and Buyer Protection Process.

Also, if you had paid via credit card, you may ask for a chargeback from your credit card company.

I hope the above is helpful!

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 23 of 46
latest reply

at1970_in1
Community Member
Ebay policies are less accountable then other shopping sites . Im an old buyer of baazee and i think baazee team was more accountable .

I had this experience with a seller called electonex_in1 from whom i purchased a T shirt on 21st July . I paid through paisa pay the same day . The seller who claims to be a power seller acknowledged reciept of payment in his feedback . The seller wrote to me that since he is out of station therefore there is delay in despatch . Due to this communication i did not file for 'item not recd . ' . I got busy and the 90 day time frame lapsed . Now since the time frame has lapsed ebay has refused to solve the problem even though there is concrete evidence that the payment had been made online and the seller taking an advantage of this policy is ignoring my phone calls .

SO MUCH FOR EBAYS POLICIES .
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

ranajitjana
Community Member
i think every body in india should stay away from sites like ebay . It does not work in india. The business model itself is wrong. ebay is only interested in taking the commision out of every sale but do not keep track of the seller. Its not a auction site. how can a seller ask me to give him positive feed back else he will not sell the item and it can only happen in ebay.
Message 25 of 46
latest reply

ranajitjana
Community Member
hopefully we can come up with a site or put our thoughts
in some news paper . at least people will know how ebay
works. i agree that consumers of ebay should unite. well i lost Rs 1499 which may be less then what you all lost but still that was first ebay experience. i won a local shoe branded addidas. this shoe can be bought in the
chor market for not more than 600 - 700 rupees. i returned
the shoes months back and now i know that i will not even get a refund back
Message 26 of 46
latest reply

at1970_in1
Community Member
I have an idea ...ebay should have a seperate category for fraud buyers . ;\
Message 27 of 46
latest reply

at1970_in1
Community Member
I HAVE AN IDEA . EBAY SHOULD HAVE SEPREATE CATEGORY FOR FRAUD SELLER ...SORRY FOR THAT MISTAKE .
Message 28 of 46
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
it is saddening to read all the different woes of the buyer ... but if thats the way most of the buyers feel ... not a good sign of things for us sellers !
the first thing to be addressed by ebay should be these concerns and gain back the confidence ... after all buyers are the lifeline of this site !
Message 29 of 46
latest reply

at1970_in1
Community Member
i had placed an order for ' BRAND NEW FUSION SHIRT ' on www.ebay.in on 21st July 05 and paid the seller electonex_in1 ; Rs.135/- via my credit card . Transaction no. 314009832 , Item no. 8318866580 , . Till date i have not recd. the consignment . On taking up with ebay i was informed that since it has been more than 60 days since the deal was done they cannot help me now . I have called the seller many times and since they are aware of the notice of 60 days they have not bothered to do anything about it . Im of a view that in such case the money should be refunded to the customer . It is about the money but such sellers can dupe customers . I would therefore request EBAY to please contact the seller and ask them to deliver my product or refund my payment . All details of the above trasactions and item no can be ascertained .It is strange that ebay is choosing to ignore this concrete evidence and the seller continues to sell .
Message 30 of 46
latest reply