cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cheated ebay buyers unite for mass legal action...

cybernautilus_in1
Community Member
If you have been cheated on eBay.in please let us get together for community legal action. Start replying to this post with your cheat story, ID of who cheated you and the amount you lost. Let us take this mass cheating going on here to the court and to the press and TV channels! [By naming your cheater you alert other buyers as well as harm the cheater's earnings.]

ARE YOU WITH ME?!

I'll start with my story:
I was cheated by computerassociate of Rs. 5,500/- for item never delivered. He has stopped responding to my phone calls so I won't even expect any replies to my emails (all through the eBay system, by the way).

When I lodged my dispute on the dispute console, ebay sent me this (untenable if this was a brick-&-mortar place) lame excuse that they are just facilitators and not involved in the transaction blah blah blah.

LETS UNITE ONCE MORE MY INDIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND THROW OUT THE CHEATER ENABLERS WHO SIDE WITH LAWBREAKERS and feign helplessness to help legitimate HONEST buyers like YOU and me.
Mangal Pandey
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

rajeshpaul_k_in1
Community Member
Hi all,
I too have an unplesent story to tell. I had posted it in another forum.

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=100001527&tstart=0&mod=1124181143568

Any way, i am posting the relevent items here also.
My advice : Never trust sellers who offers "dealer warrenty". Insist on manufacturer's guarentee or you will may be in trouble like me.

*********From my other posting*******************

I had contacted the support team. any way contacting support was another huge effort since my problem was not listed in any of the cases. At last i managed to file the complaint.

Now the response i got from the support, actually surprised and shocked me. From now onwards, i won't do trade with ebay and will ask others to be vigil when trading in ebay.

NOw the answer which i got from the support which surprised me is

UNfortunately, because the transaction took place on the old Baazee site there is not much that we can do to assist you in this case. I can confirm that the member is no longer a registered user of eBay.

That was the first response i got. hearing that i wrote

Let me ask you a question..
Suppose a seller offers me now(i mean this month) a product wiht one year warrenty through ebay.
Say after 4 months , he disappears or no longer registered with your site. Then in that case, what will happen ?

Now the response had what ebay's policy is

In that case you would receive the same response. the agreement is between you and the seller. eBay acts as a venue for sales and does not actively participate in any transaction, hence our ability to enforce any sale or term is limited to within the site itself. As such, we are
limited to the amount of time that we can take action or offer purchase protection for any transaction that takes place. This limit is 60 days

Now i think it was my fault trading in baazee and ebay.
Message 11 of 46
latest reply

gsphokela
Community Member
I agree there should be some way where ebay should come in to protect customers, I know it may be very difficult under the existing law, but I have been cheated twice, first as a Bazee member I purchased CD writer External and till date it does not work.

Now, I purchased USB 2 hub and I have instead USB 1.1 hub without cord which is available at Rs 49 at Nehru place and I have paid over Rs 299.00

I think it is time I will stop using e bay for my purchases it is too risky.

I like ebay but there are too many lose ends

Regards

G S Phokela
Message 12 of 46
latest reply

ramawatar
Community Member
Hello Avnish. Welcome
to this open discussion board with lots and lots of suggestions, complaints.
Well it seems too bad welcoming with complaints but seriously we are having
complaints and we need strict actions. I have many suggestions/complaints which
are already mentioned by snrama and spaceview_in1 but I would like u to review
again :

1. Make Seller Fee
Account exactly same as baazee.com -- Suppose we haven't sold anything for whole
1 month. All buyers are fake. Seller A/c is showing 500 as fees. Yaa I know it
will be credited in the seller's a/c next month. Now if I don't have 500 to pay
then ? Ok fine take me as a poor seller I can't pay this fees as because all the
sales were unsuccessful then y r u asking for fees ? There is a strong need for
Ebay invoice to be made exactly same as baazee.com. We sellers are not happy
with this Ebay invoice. U can't find one single seller appreciating Ebay
invoice. That's y there are lots of issues on Ebay invoice.

2. Where is the
Request Feedback button? -- I heard that Ebay.in is more advanced than
Baazee.com but find nothing special in it. Infact it's more complicated .
In baazee there was such a good feature provided --- Request feedback . Where is
that feature in Ebay.in. Why u people just removed that such nice feature when u
transferred from Baazee.com to Ebay.in.

3. What about contest
results ?? --- I have played three contests all of them started on 1st of June
and ended on 30 th June , 2005. The contest names are : Spread The Word And Win
, Brain Teaser Contest and Keep The Catch contest. I contacted live chat help
many times I guess may b more than 10 times to know the results of the winners.
Every time I got one single reply that the winners will be announced soon.
Atleast give one particular date on which u will be announcing winners of these
contests. Now I have come to the conclusion that the winners will be announced
next year or never. These contests were fake contests on Ebay.
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

krishnacomp
Community Member
hi friend
i dont know wat to do yaar i am being cheated by a person in mumbai he had taken the payement of 2400 but hav not send me any thing
Message 14 of 46
latest reply

mayavincent
Community Member
I too have been cheated not only by the dealer but also by e-Bay. I bought an ethnic kada from Society by paying Rs. 265/- into their a/c with ICICI bank and did'nt receive the item.Society has stopped answering phone calls and e-mail. I then complained to e-Bay and when I wanted to press for claims e-Bay said that they cant help as I have paid in cash, then what sort of protection is e-Bay offering? Now I am forced to continue my dialogue with Society which I am very sure will work out to nothing. I have decide never to trade via e-Bay and I advise every one to follow suit.
Message 15 of 46
latest reply

manjunathhs
Community Member
Hi,

I am a regular user of bazee and ebay I had bought around 5 items withoutany problem.

But this time I bought an "sony 256mb MP3+FM RADIO+USB+VOICE REC.+7CLR DISPLAY" from a member called magneticbrains by paying an amount of 2,100 Rs. I did not get the item.

Nor is the person replying to any of my mails.

I should have read the postings on the discussion board earlier and I would not have made this mistake.

I have filed a dispute, but dont know whether this would help. As the member has already di - listed him self.

When I was buying the item I saw his rating it was 95%, I dont know how he got those ratings from ebay.

I will tell all my friend and relatives not to buy anything from ebay after my experience.

This is the only way we can create awareness and stop loosing money, unless ebay does something that will bring confidence to its buyers.

Thanks..
Message 16 of 46
latest reply

cybernautilus_in1
Community Member
There are two ways to hit back

1) Mobilise ALL eBay users as well as prospects to boycott

2) If any of the readers of this thread know any media persons in newspapers as well as / or TV channels, then just point them to this thread. There is enough masala here to make it worthwhile for them. Some suggested would be Hindustan Times, "Saamna", Channel 7, Aaj Tak, Star News ?!

3) This option is long winded and probably least effective of the three: legal action. Again, readers who have some legal knowledge or know some legal advisor(s) would be at an advantage to initiate.

As observed by one astute poster in this thread earlier, eBay.us treat their customers like GOD!
This is not out of any inherent goodness of heart - this is because the American Lawyers are most successful in securing HUGE compensation for any aggrieved clients.
Dande ki maar se sher bhi darta hai!
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Dear cybernautilus_in1,

Please tell me wht had you purcahsed fro Rs 5500/-
Regards !! Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
I TOO FACED THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I DID NOT RECEIVE A MOBILE PHONE WHICH I BROUGHT FROM SELLER FROM DELHI.
BUT THEN I OPENED A DISPUTE WITH THAT SELLER AND AFTER 2 MONTHS RECEIVED THE WHOLE AMOUNT REFUND FROM BAAZEE.

IT JUST REQUIRED REGULAR FOLLOW UP WITH THE BAAZEE DIPUTE TEAM,I KNOW I HAD TO FILL THE BUYER PROTECTION FORM AND SUBMIT ALL THE PAYMENT PROOFS,AND WHEN THEY WERE VERIFIED I WAS REFUNDED MY WHOLE MONEY BACK.

REGARDS,
ATUL
Message 19 of 46
latest reply

aadi_78
Community Member
HI AAll,
I recently made a purchase of a Nokia 6610 phone from ge_mobile and paid him the amount of 4100/- by online transfer. Next day the seller is de-registered from ebay and he is not respoinding to my emails or phone calls. This has been a real horrible experience. I will file a dispute for sure. lets see how it works out.. But we got to do something about this. This site is full of fraudulent sellers.
Message 20 of 46
latest reply