cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cheated ebay buyers unite for mass legal action...

cybernautilus_in1
Community Member
If you have been cheated on eBay.in please let us get together for community legal action. Start replying to this post with your cheat story, ID of who cheated you and the amount you lost. Let us take this mass cheating going on here to the court and to the press and TV channels! [By naming your cheater you alert other buyers as well as harm the cheater's earnings.]

ARE YOU WITH ME?!

I'll start with my story:
I was cheated by computerassociate of Rs. 5,500/- for item never delivered. He has stopped responding to my phone calls so I won't even expect any replies to my emails (all through the eBay system, by the way).

When I lodged my dispute on the dispute console, ebay sent me this (untenable if this was a brick-&-mortar place) lame excuse that they are just facilitators and not involved in the transaction blah blah blah.

LETS UNITE ONCE MORE MY INDIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND THROW OUT THE CHEATER ENABLERS WHO SIDE WITH LAWBREAKERS and feign helplessness to help legitimate HONEST buyers like YOU and me.
Mangal Pandey
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear cybernautilus_in1,

I regret the unpleasant experience you had. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences.

I suggest you go through this link on Protection for Buyers

For further queries on this topic Contact Us
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

neetusweetie
Community Member
I am soooooooooooooo happy to see someone doing what was just going to do. I too have been cheated.... though its the first time this has happened to me on EBAY (i've been a memeber for a long time) But its was the maximum amount stuff i'd ever bought.

I had (rather my husband) had bout two necklaces for me for out first anniversary from symphonyjewels_in1 (ID 5006993827 , 5006962639 ) and have paid a total of rs. 24,000. This man 'Nainesh Shah' did send me the stuff (after 2 weeks) but it was nothing as mentioned n the website (interms of the quality of the diamonds) So i worte to him & he was quite okie with me sednig the stuff back & he refunding the money. Its been 2 weeks since he has got the stuff back, but there is NO news on he refunding the money or anything. Like the case with you he's stopped replying to my mails or taking my calls.

I am in the middle of fileing a case against him. I have gone to the consumer court also for the same but i think it will be GREAT if we all can come together i fight it on a BIG scale.

As far as EBAY is concerned I have filed a complaint even there... But i have NO clue if action will be taken on that front... I mena this man has sooooooooo many -ve rateing that i am sure ppl have complaint against him in the past also... but i doubt any action has been taken against him

Pleas join in & give us all strenght to fight against these ppl & get our money back

Good Luck to all of us
Message 3 of 46
latest reply

cybernautilus_in1
Community Member
nvid (if you're an Indian) and that sardar gentleman who conducted eBay's "seminar" at Ravindra Natya Mandir, Prabhadevi, Mumbai in June and all other Indian employees of eBay,Switzerland (that's the address on the invoice I got); me and other disgruntled eBay victims have nothing against you - we know you're just their employees.

I'd like to ask you, just for the sake of your monthly salary you're again going to side with firangs who once again steal from us? Seriously, do you really take us (me) to be so dumb that these canned responses which you're told at your daily / weekly / periodic briefings / de-briefings are going to wash with us (me)? Hey, brother! We give similar lines to the firang callers at our call centres, all the time man! And just for the record, I have initiated this post AFTER filing my dispute AND WE'RE WATCHING with how much alacrity eBay attends to resolving the issue!

We (I) know eBay has / is going to have powerful lawyers on their payroll so all those poor brothers and sisters of mine (like one of 'em here) stand little chance of any decent winning lawsuit or damages or any benefit even if they win in a decade or two.

THIS IS OUR MESSAGE TO EBAY - OWN RESPONSIBILITY FOR TRANSACTIONS HAPPENING AT YOUR PORTAL (WHAT IS THE MEANING OF 'BUYER PROTECTION PROGRAM'?) OR PUT THE FINE PRINT OUT ON THE MAIN PAGE. WE'RE GOING TO THE MEDIA WITH THIS WHO WILL MAKE YOU WIND UP YOUR INDIA OPERATIONS AT THE LEAST!

I can also anticipate eBay's media and marketing head honchos mulling over whether I possess the capability to carry out what I've just said or Am I just a ranting loser?. And my strategy will be to keep them guessing.
BUT IF EBAY DOESN'T INITIATE ANY VISIBLE ACTION IN A DECLARED TIME FRAME (A MONTH TO ATLEAST ANNOUNCE INTENT) OUR PATIENCE WILL RUN OUT.

One more thing, nvid@ebay.com, 'escalate' this thread and save your behind or they might make you a scape-goat and fire you later for not informing them when there was time!
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

swapnadutt
Community Member
I AM ALSO A VICTIM OF EBAY.I HAVE WON A RING OF RS 3100/- FROM SYMPHONYJEWELLERS AND SEND A DRAFT THROUGH HDFC BANK.I HAVE ALL THE PROOFS.HE SEND ME MAILS THAT HE RECEIVED AND ENCASHED THE DRAFT.BUT AFTER ONE MONTH I AM YET TO RECEIVE THE ITEM.THIS SELLER IS ALSO A FRAUD.I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SELLER LIKE THIS AND SITE LIKE EBAY ARE NOT COVERED BY ANY SECURITY?EBAY DOES NOT DO ANYTHING WITH ITS SELLERS.THEY NEVER COLLECT MONEY FROM SELLERS AND REFUND TO THE BUYERS WHO HAS BEEN CHEATED BY THESE FRAUD SELLERS.ONE AFTER ONE SELLER BECOMES FRAUD AND EBAY NEITHER HEAR NOR SEE ANYTHING.LETS TAKE STEP AGAINST THESE SELLERS AND MOVE THEM TO COURT.
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

veerarags7150
Community Member
Please read my posting Ebay policies. I think E bay is not following american policies in which customer is treated as god & whose rights are immense. Looking at various postings , I think buying in ebay should be carefully re-considered as one gets robotic, computer generated replies. I also feel there are lot of unethical traders on their rolls who are selling fakes & grey market stuff.
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

veerarags7150
Community Member
lets ask Ebay to carefully screen all its sellers & rate them. They should take a deposit so that disputed deals can be resolved & refunds given.
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

gsharma_2000
Community Member
Ebay seems to be very unsecure place for buyers. I paid Rs. 9920/- to psdistributers for a sony handycam. It's been more than one month and I have not received the item. I have raised the dispute and dispute to the claim as per ebay's protection policy. I raised dispute to claim on 3rd August 2005, and I haven't heard a word from claims department. I doubt if there is any such department or it is just to fool people so that they would think they are protected while actually they are not. Such malpractice should be stopped and we should take some strict legal action against such websites who promote such illegal practices to dupe people and enroll sellers who run away after accumulating money from buyers in connivance with ebay.
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

vandy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

I regret the unpleasant experience you had. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences.

Kindly report your problem to the Dispute Consol (help on Dispute Consol) for eBay to take appropriate action

I also suggest you go through this link on Protection for Buyers

Regards
Vandy

Regards,
Vandy
Message 9 of 46
latest reply

prakash_9
Community Member
Dear members,

I have also have a bad experience with EBAY.IN.

I had placed a bid for 256 mb sdram with item no.6783220991 by the seller with ID leosebastian321 and on 11-07-2005 I received a mail from the address Endofauction@ebay.in saying that I have won the item and suggest me the terms of the payment for the amount of Rs.1195 including courier charges. I have drawn a D.D for this Rs.1195/= on 13-07-05 and sent it to the seller's address given by the ebay.in's mail and emailed the details to the seller. As I had not receive the item I tried to report this by email to customersuppoirt@ebay.in and endofauction@ebay.in, but all the mails bounced back non-deliverable. So I tried the Dispute console but getting the message that the item ID is invalid. The following link was given by the ebay.in mail and the message is delivered when I tried the link.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6783220991

Invalid Item
This listing (6783220991) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Programs.

Ebay has sent message to me that the item had ben won by me, but not sent any mail to me that the item has been removed. If I have been advised the removal of the item I had not sent the D.D. How can they remove an Item after sending email that I have won the item and send payment to the seller?
I cannot post this in the dispute section without the item ID and send email to any address. How can I contact ebay.in? Please give a legible email address for us to contact you.
Message 10 of 46
latest reply