Why I am not getting eBay Guarantee* claim

Read last mail I received from ebay:-

Dear Arun,

We thank you for your precious time in helping us investigate the issue you faced with your purchase. We regret to inform you that after investigating the claim we are rejecting your eBay Guarantee* claim request. Click here for more information.

Please find the details here

Action : Buyer cancelled his claim request - Claim Closed

Remarks : As per our telephonic conversation on 19/11/2014 ,we are pleased to inform you that we are approving your refund request in form of eBay coupon You will receive a coupon of 110% of item value. It will be sent to your registered email address, and you can expect to receive it within 7-10 business days and the same is valid for 30 days. Note: Sundays and Public Holidays are excluded from working days. Thank you for shopping with eBay. Regards,

I am still waiting for my coupon...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

gsseth
Community Member

I agree that the EBAY GURANTEE is just an eyewash and does not protect the buyer if anything goes wrong with the purchase. 

My claim was closed eventhough I had replied to the email giving further details and photographs about the claim within 2 hours.

I was surprised to get an email later that " MY claim has been closed as I did not give addition information within 48 hours". This is a good technique to close the claims when the claim is genuine and I had given photographs , so there was no further scope of rejecting the claim. 

So guys "THE RISK IS ALL YOURS WHEN YOU PAY FOR A PURCHASE" Do not believe that ebay gurantee will do something in case the purchase goes bad.

ALL THE BEST WITH FUTURE PURCHASES!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ow a days ebay protecting only sellers. i have a raised a complaint  with photografs as proof. they closed my case without informing, as reason they told tried to contact me and failed. They didnt use their altenative way which is email not used.Simply stupid. i lost my money.I WONT CHOOSE EBAY IN MY LIFE AGAIN.

vipin676

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Worst experiencr from ebay.. order 1 sony data cable.. it show original..
but what i get.. 1 package with "amazon" packing and 1 low quality white color data cable which is nt working properly... and when i raise claim under so called "ebay guaranntee".. after 3-4 days.. they said..i hv to talk to seller... bcz ebay cnt help in this.. and seller call not reachable at all..... so no refund no replacment.. worst product..and worst customer care service....!!
Need to complain in consumer forum or smthng like that....!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply