cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should customer do when seller is not honoring warranty.

nutra2014
Community Member
I have purchased one mobile HTC desire C from ebay in April 2014. The phone is out of order. Now, neither ebay nor seller, is taking any responsibility for this. My phone is under 1 year seller's warranty.
I expect either seller or ebay india to take the onus of honoring the warranty.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ebay is only a platform for selling, they don't do any after sale services esp after 30 days (ebay guarantee program). Since you purchased the phone in April, you can't really do anything except contact seller a few times and report the seller to ebay so that he'll be under monitoring (hopefully).

It's really sad that the seller is not honoring the warranty even after mentioning the same but you can't really do anything. If seller doesn't respond, that's it.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I contacted seller *** - he is not at all responding. His mobile number *** is switched off. He does not reply to e mails written to him.

I visited htc customer care at Jaipur; they examined the mobile and told it is originally bought from Switzerland; therefore htc India shall not honor the warranty.

I have also reported the matter *** ; hopefully they will do a story on it.

I am also thinking to move to consumer court. But I do not have seller's address. That only ebay has.

Ebay has confirmed that the seller is active. But they are not creating any kind of pressure on him.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi,
i too am facing the same issue. The seller in my case had attended my call for the first time, after that he is neither picking my call nor replying to my mails.
we can raise a complaint in consumer court against ebay.
regards,
hemal
Message 4 of 4
latest reply