cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the reason for Refund on Hold ?

yroy9702
Community Member
I bought an item on 21/12/2012 and the seller had to ship the item before 26/12/2012. The seller did not ship the item by this time and 'Refund' was initiated on 27/12/2012. But today (28/12/2012)I got a message saying that the 'Refund' is on hold. When contacted the Customer Care, the executive concern could not give any reason and referred the matter to the concern authority to contact me in 24 to 48 hrs.Below is the message I got from eBay..

"Your refund request for item "New Nikon DSLR Camera D5100 Black + 18-55mm VR Kit Lens+4GB+Carry Case " (200866911340) of Rs. 28,196.00 has been kept on hold by PaisaPay to gather more information, as: Select a reason.
Track your refund
This refund was automatically initiated on 27-Dec-12 since the seller did not ship the item by the shipping deadline of 26-Dec-12.

You may be contacted by PaisaPay customer support for more information. Your cooperation is requested to facilitate a faster resolution. Please ensure that your contact details on eBay are accurate so that we are able to contact you. Once the request has been processed PaisaPay will notify you about the status of your request.

PaisaPay will evaluate the proof on hand and make a decision in favour of you or the seller. PaisaPay's decision in this matter will be final. "

The case is very simple, the seller did not ship the item.
So who/what is PaisaPay to decide whether my money is mine or not? And what the reason to keep the Refund on hold?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

yroy9702
Community Member
Now I can see the reason given as "Your refund request has been put on hold by PaisaPay on 28-Dec-12 as the seller has appealed against this refund. PaisaPay is currently verifying the proof provided by the seller. Please contact eBay Customer Support for further clarifications, if required"

How come a seller can appeal against the refund without even shipping the item ?

Am I getting harassed??
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

did you get a refund later??

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

that post was created more than a year back. I am guessing the buyer got the product as seller shipped and did not update the tracking ID

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Actually this is a big scam. Seller does not update shipping info. Waits. Then buyer raises claim, which the seller appeals saying that item is "shipped", but still does not give tracking info. After a few days on pressure, the seller creates a blue dart shipping label, gives the number but still does not schedule a package pickup. 

I bought an itsm October 8th 2014, paid immediately. Seller was supposed to ship by 11th Oct and I was supposed to get the item by 20th Oct.

Its 4th Nov today, and ebay says they are still "investigating". And keep saying the POWER SHIP team has not responded.  So I am still waiting for a refund. Rs. 13,000 Rs are stuck on my credit card, which I paid to the bank already. I dont have the item and no refund.

It takes an average of 22 minutes to get someone on the phone at ebay customer support. It takes an average of 47 minutes to get someone on ebay chat. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Did you get your money back,I'm also having problems.. My refund is on hold and what should i'll do
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

1:01 AM
Hello... Ameena here...I just wanted to inform you that my product refund is in the form of demand draft....Iam want the name BIBI to be written in it... Because my seller account is on hold so I can't change my registered name and address....The two products claim Id is 2738336 and 2816523
Message 7 of 7
latest reply