USPS First Class Mail International

Hi all,

I had purchased an item (worth US $70.00) from a seller in the US on 29 November 2012 and the seller seems to have shipped the item on the same day... as shown on USPS Tracking... but...

The status is 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' on November 29, 2012.... with no further updates...

Has anyone faced similar problems ?

When will I receive the item ? or Will I ever receive the item ??

Regards,

Pramod.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

USPS First Class Mail International Tracking number is NOT meant for Tracking.

You have to wait around 25 working days to get it delivered.

Its slowest.

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

smeh7138
Community Member
For Items Above 50$ you should choose priority mail and usps first class mail is the slowest i received my item after 23 days
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thank you all for the information and suggestions...

Its been more than 40 days since the date that the shipper says he has shipped the item... so I think I'll never receive the product.

The details of the status 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' as mentioned in the USPS website is as follows:

'Electronic Shipping Info Received'

'The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 29, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product. No further information is available for this item.'

Thus, there is a fair chance that the seller has 'not even shipped the item'

I suppose I've lost US $70.00 ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

shrutisap
Community Member
I got first info from USPS on 22nd Oct as shipped item. But even today i.e on 31st Jan, there is no proceedings. It is stuck on same place. I also think I lost my item purchased. And ebay also not taking any responsibility. They even dismiss my transaction from summery of my account, even after informing them about not recieving my item.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@ shrutisap

Sad to hear about your experience...

If you had paid with PayPal, you could have approached the PayPay resolution center... but sadly again... according to PayPal, a resolution need to be submitted to PayPal within 45 days of transaction ๐Ÿ˜ž

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection-resolution

In my case, I had luckly raised a complaint with PayPal within 45 Days.... I have not yet received the item... and am waiting for PayPal to solve the issue....
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

sap28
Community Member
Hi..
I was searching on the net and I noticed that lot of ppl don't know the deference between USPS first class mail and USPS priority mail
When a seller on ebay says he or she will dispatch via standard int. shipping most of the time it means its USPS first class mail.. It's the cheapest way..but problem with is that is has no tracking number..no insurance..and it delivers @ Indian customs.. Our Indian postal service will take the charge from there and they will deliver you the parcel..it can take up-to 2 months..

If you choose USPS priority mail or USPS express mail it will be a lot quicker and they will take care of the customs and deliver you the parcel..
+ve side is its fast..insured ( optional) and traceable..
-ve side is some times they have to pay customs on the items ..which they will collect from you at the time of delivery..

So bottom line if its not expensive go with first class
Otherwise choose priority mail..
Hope this will be helpful
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

USPS first class mail international  LJ685931071US this package was shipped to kolkata, india from USA through a ebay store themagicisinyou on 4th april 2015. today it is 8th may 2015 and i have not yet received the package. should i still wait forf it or there is no further chance of receiving it. it has already been over a month

.the package has not been detained in the kolkata foreign post office.i have checked today.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did you ever receive your package ? I am facing a similar problem of sort. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I am having the same issue right now. I sent a package to a buyer in India. It was his request to send it first class. Now, it has been 25 working days and he is hounding me as to where is the package. I have contacted both ebay and USPS and both are telling me to wait and see what happens on the other side. In the meantime, the buyer will get the item and money refunded while I will be out of both.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply