cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sad Experience with eaY.in Guarantee and Customer Care

Hello,

It pains me to bring my case to the forums but it seems I am left with no alternative.

I will just put in the facts here.

I bought a product which was defective.

I communicated the same to the seller on 21/09. Since the seller did not offer any resolution, I filled a case under the ebaY.in Guarantee on 25/09 with a PaisaPay dispute.

From that time I made maybe 5-6 calls to ebaY customer care regarding the status of the case, no one bothered to revert.

On 11/10, one Mr.Suhail Shaikh, Claim adimnistrator asked me to return the product to the seller.

I promptly returned it to on 12/10 and emailed ebay the POD (proof of dispatch) on 13/10.

After which I received one call from Mr.Shaikh asking me for some further proof about defect of the product. ON the phone he confirmed that the seller had received the product back.

After which I made 5 more calls to Customer Care inquiring about the case, I was always told the Claim administrator will call me by end of day today.

This was five times. Still no calls received from the Claim Adjuster.

All of a sudden on 23/10, they are saying they have not received the mail. A blatant delaying tactic.

The ebaY.in Guarantee simply says and I quote:
"If not satisfied with your purchase on eBay, we will replace or refund your entire amount (including shipping) within 20 days."

Today is almost 30 days and 15 calls and 10 mails later there is no resolution.

So it seems the Guarantee is only on paper or website as the case here. On fact there is nothing.

Just harassment and more harassment.

Devesh
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

On Saturday, one supervisor Mr.Rahul has promised the the Claim Supervisor Mr.Sohail will call with 2 hours.

Forget 2 hours, it is 2 days now and no call from ebay.

I am amazed at the lacksidal attitude.

I am now at my wits end on how to proceed.

Devesh
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Background: Bought product from GEB on 12/09/2010, not delivered till deadline 07/10/2010, no communication/explanation from seller, filed refund request via 'My PaisaPay', No response for 10days, Later I as told that Ebay can only revert on refund when seller replies to their query, it has been 15 days lapsed of paisapay gurantee of refund on non delivery.

After speaking with customer care & many unresponded to emails, I wrote to Mr. Sushant(EBAY-GEB)for help & I appreciate the unexpected reply from him followed by a much delayed call from Ms. Pragnya (EBAY- claim adjuster) on 20/10/2010, I now understand that Ebay has internal process compulsions thereby I will not receive the due refund till delivery is made beyond the deadlines or refund is allowed by reseller as the item is claimed to have been shipped from US.

The 'PaisaPay' guarantee of refund on non delivery will not be honoured in this case and Ebay is waiting for sellers response. Bottomline is that there is no end to this particular horrendous shopping experience with EBAY.

I have purchased earlier with GEB on Ebay successfully and wanted to shop much more in future. I find GEB to be a decent seller which provides a wonderful opportunity to buy from US, but my faith in security of my funds with Ebay is over.I have now relegated to the fact that I have lost my money to Ebay.

Fortunately this experience was a learning that big brands like Ebay can also renegade on their promises, 'TRUST' is a word which is taken for a ride by brands like EBAY. Fortunately my Citibank Credit Card customer service was more helpful and provisionally refunded the money (pending investigation) after sending them the transaction terms and related email communication with Ebay.

I may shop again in future but I shall never shop with a seller having less than 99% rating and atleast 1000 feedbacks. Cause I read in the forum that feedbacks can be reversed in so called EBay courts, so need to be extra cautious with the credibility of seller as EBAy will wash it's hands of the transaction and it's guarantees.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Update 2

Its been 7 days since last update.

No one from ebay, Customer Support Supervior Rahul, Claim adiministrator Suhail or claim supervisor Sohail has bothered to contact me on email or phone.

The average wait time on a call to 1800 209 3229 is about 15-20 mins.

Today is 35 days since the claim has been filed and 20 days since the product was returned to the seller.

Still not news on ebaY. They are simply sitting on the case.

It seems they want to tire out the buyers so they let go of their claims and the whole ebaY Guarantee thing is jush an eyewash.

In 20 days you will get a refund or replacement is claimed from the ebaY homepage.

And it 35 days and no-one has bothered to contact for resolution.

Devesh
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

nexgenstore2012
Community Member
Hello friend, i am also seller and buyer on ebay,can you expline all your matter to me in email? my email id is parimal_ajudiya@hotmail.com thank you.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Pls call to there dedicated no. from where you got the call.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

kanchank2010
Community Member
Hi Buyers,

I have had a similar bad experience with customer care from Mumbai.

I had raised a claim for an item I received which was not as per description and it was defective.

The representative was Ashish G and he was utterly rude and started yelling at me for asking for a claim.

I was duped by ebay seller - i2cworld_inc3 and would advise you people never to transact with this seller.

And Ashish G disconnected the call while we were speaking and said he cant help and would not transfer the call to his manager.

I feel Ebay just makes tall claims about Paisapay guarantee to gain the trust of the buyer but it is actually all false. They are not ready to accept back the item even if it is defective and it is not as described on the website while purchasing.

Could anyone help me with the email address or contact details of any higher authority who can help me with this issue?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

deepak.rai1981
Community Member
I would also suggest not to buy anything from i2cworld_inc3 they are really cheaters out there. In the name of new product they are giving China made used product. Really unhappy with my first and last purchase from eBay.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Even im going through the trauma of claiming a refund.

They simple write they tried to call your number , they forget the part that mobile servuce providers have several addon like ...missed call alert in case you are out of network zone ..... I am not sure if the customr care fellas are aware of such technilogy .
this is unprofenalism at its height , unacceptable 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply