Octroi charges for getting HTC HD2 mobile

mihir.maniar
Community Member
Hi guys,
I am from mumbai. I am planning to buy a HTC HD2 for 32K Rs. from a seller who is outside maharashtra. Wanted to know if someone knows what sort of amount would i need to pay for Octroi?
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

There is no Octroi in Mumbai so you pay nothing towards it.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
just ask the seller to mention the set as gift and then no octroi will be applicale
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@raj are you sure ? Last i sent my bulk consignment i paid octroi. . What i know in MH, Nagpur an Mumbai still have octroi .

You can get it marked as gift but take care of two things if you dont want to pay octroi or worst case penalty . First bill should not be sent with same package. Get it couriered separately. . Second though it is not very important but mark off the price tag on the box.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

mihir.maniar
Community Member
Thanks Raj, that was of great help. Thanks to other guys as well for helping me out. Indeed i did not had to pay the octroi without doing anything, Thanks guys once again.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@linusstudios... Octroi in Mumbai has been abolished some time back and now there is no octroi applicable in Mumbai. Yes it is applicable in other parts of Maharashtra.

@kiara.electronics-2009...I don't know if that will work, then everybody will send parcels as gifts. Suppose if the parcel gets confiscated by octroi people then what happens.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

There is Octroi in Mumbai

Regards
Reliable Enterprise
Mustafa
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

mihir.maniar
Community Member
Guys, one more help from your end. What if i am buying items worth 1500 - 2000 Rs on EBay USA and getting it shipped to Mumbai, then what is the Octroi that needs to be paid. Secondly, the sellers from eBay USA say that they will not mark the products as gifts or for personal use. So I wanted to know the Octroi that I will have to pay. Please guide. Thanks in advance.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

mihir.maniar
Community Member
One more question. if i buy on Ebay USA, then what is the octroi that I will have to pay for getting the item shipped to Mumbai? the eBay US seller says that they cannot mark the item as gift or personal use. Kindly let me know where i can find answer to this question.Thanks in advance guys.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

The cost of product is immaterial when there is no Octroi within Mumbai Municipal limits. I hope you are not referring to customs duty of the product.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 10 of 23
latest reply