Octroi Charges in Pune

ap.2310
Community Member
Hi guys,
I am from Pune . I am planning to buy a Xperia Ray for RS 13K.
i have a option to buy from seller from Maharashtra and outside Maharashtra.
I Wanted to know if someone knows what sort of amount would i need to pay for Octroi ??:|
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Octroi Charges in Pune

ganesh623
Community Member
I got my led delivered by first flight and they did not asked for octroi.
But i got my universal remote control delivered by aramex and they recovered octroi from me. I remember paying octroi to blue dart as well.

I wonder if first flight have the way to bypass the octroi charges. If yes then we can insist the sellers to ship by first flight only.
Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

vigooos17
Community Member
I already bought an SPRINT HTC EVO 3D from ahemedabad which came from aramex but no octroi was charged. I live in NIBM
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

vigooos17
Community Member
I already bought an SPRINT HTC EVO 3D from ahemedabad which came from aramex but no octroi was charged. I live in NIBM
Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

101prasadteli
Community Member
Yes it's true about octroi chareges.Recently I bought i ball 4.1 speaker

Original price=Rs. 2330/-
discount 7% =Rs. 163.30/-
Final price =Rs. 2166.90/-

But I had to pay octroi= 98/-(4%+service charge)
So My final price was= Rs.2264/-

It was very disappointing because product is available@ Rs.2345/- on Flipkart.

Solution:Give the address of any friend or relative residing or working outside PMC or PCMC e.g HInjewadi IT Park.so octroi will not apply. You can then get rid of Octoi and you will get the product easily in Pune.
Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

saurkh006
Community Member
I bought an item from Mumbai invoiced for 2200/- and shipped through Blue Dart. Courier guy said the octroi was 168/- but he rounded it to 170/-. He said the octroi receipt is inside. The receipt was for 112/-.
Message 15 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

If your package is on COD or else if prepaid then declared as personal with no VAT BILL and lowered item price value then it is likely to escape PUNE PMC/PCMC octroi charges via following shipping companies First Flight, DTDC, Maruti Proffessional, Bluedart courier. Alternatively provide Address pincode outside PUNE PMC/PCMC limits. so go for what suits you best! ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

If your package is on COD or else if prepaid then declared as personal with no VAT BILL and lowered item price value then it is likely to escape PUNE PMC/PCMC octroi charges via following shipping companies First Flight, DTDC, Maruti Proffessional, Bluedart courier. Alternatively provide Address pincode outside PUNE PMC/PCMC limits. so go for what suits you best! ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

swapnilssm
Community Member
I am planning to buy Sony Xperia SL which costs around 20k. So how much octroi will I have to pay. I can get it shipped to Hinjewadi. But will that bypass the payment of octroi ?
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

101prasadteli
Community Member
@swapnilssm

Yes definitely as hinjewadi is outside PCMC you will not have to pay octroi.
Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

Corrupt Government Practises for the octroi charges.
Message 20 of 44
latest reply