Octroi Charges in Pune

ap.2310
Community Member
Hi guys,
I am from Pune . I am planning to buy a Xperia Ray for RS 13K.
i have a option to buy from seller from Maharashtra and outside Maharashtra.
I Wanted to know if someone knows what sort of amount would i need to pay for Octroi ??:|
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Octroi Charges in Pune

geryg_in1
Community Member
I am also planning to buy samsung galaxy s advance. I m from pune and seller would ship from mumbai thru bluedart. do i need to pay octroi?
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

geryg_in1
Community Member
if someone has bought from mumbai and got delivered it to pune thru bluedart then pls comment with the area you got the product delivered
Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

anurag.j.arora
Community Member
Guess what, for a product that cost Rs 250 (my purchase price Rs 150 after discount) shipped from Mumbai via Bluedart, delivered in Balewadi Pune, I had to pay Rs 34 as octroi according to the official receipt of octroi dept. It is outrageous
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

oli.ferns
Community Member
blue dart is now charging a flat rate of 100 rs service tax over the octroi....just to make things worse!
Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

oli.ferns
Community Member
although I'm not fully certain, I heard that they are going to stop charging octroi for home consumers from October....not sure though, could be a rumor
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

PMC has its own Octroi rules which are the worst one when compared to other cities.
No matter you purchase it from Maharashtra or outside. If its coming inside Pune from anywhere; you will need to pay Octroi.

Generally its 5% for electronics including game cds etc. So for 13K mobile you will be paying Rs. 650 extra plus other taxes. You can say you will pay around 700 extra.

And yeah sorry to blow your hopes but it is not going down from Oct; on the contrary they are planning to double it. You live in India. How you can expect to be something good for you?
Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

muglikar
Community Member
I ordered a mobile worth 13k through a power seller's page. he delivered it though Bluedart. The Bluedart Courier guy asked me to pay Octroi by Pune Municipal Corporation and also Bluedart's Service Charge over that Octroi.
This is just RIDICULOUS!!!!

I'm okay to pay Octroi(if I get receipt) but not any Service Charge to the Courier company as this was not mentioned in the Seller's page. If I have to pay so much, then there is no meaning for Free Shipping, is there?
Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

ganesh623
Community Member
I got my led monitor delivered by first flight. And they did not asked for any octroi.

But i got my universal remote control from aramex, they asked for octroi.

Now i wonder if first flight have the way to bypass octroi. If yes then we can insist to ship only by first flight.
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Octroi Charges in Pune

ganesh623
Community Member
I got my led monitor delivered by first flight and they did not asked for octroi.
But i got my universal remote control delivered by aramex and they recovered octroi from me. I remember paying octroi to blue dart as well.

I wonder if first flight have the way to bypass the octroi charges. If yes then we can insist the sellers to ship by first flight only.
Message 10 of 44
latest reply