International Purchases and Customs.

sandyjpatil
Community Member
What if I want to purchase some cunsumer electronic item an eBay USA. Do I have to pay custom duty...if "yes" then how do I pay the duty?
Sandy.
Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

hi2k_soho
Community Member
you pay the duty by digging in yur pocket ... as simple ... :))
jokes apart ... i guess you will need to pay the duty in indian rupees ... just confirm with any reputed courier and also the rate of duty .... the best bet would be however to request the seller to mark it as " HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR.PATIL " on the parcel .... and chances are you may get away with a lesser duty ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 2 of 98
latest reply

sandyjpatil
Community Member
Dear Friend,
thanks for the help.
I don't mind paying the custom duty at all....all I want to know is HOW, WHEN and Where?? do I pay the duty.
What I want to know is "Do I pay the duty right at the time when I receive the item by post or courier?" or "The custom department send me a notice to pay the duty and send the receipt of payment?" or is it some thing else?
Please advice,
Sandyjpatil.
Message 3 of 98
latest reply

sandyjpatil
Community Member
Dear eBay buyers from India,
Is there any one who has purchased (From India) anything from eBay USA or UK and has received the purchased item. If "yes" let me know I have few question, regarding my own purchases.
Sandyjpatil.
Message 4 of 98
latest reply

virshah70
Community Member
Hi I wanted to know did you Buy Int'l from India How was customs duty tackled ,what will be customs for used electronic items cameras, mobile ,etc.How is customs to be paid?Can you focus on this.
Virshah70
Message 5 of 98
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
Request your seller to send it by USPS. It will come by EMS Speed Post. The parcel will come to the customs dept. of the post office.

A customs officer will access the duty on the parcel.

Your postman will come to you with the parce, or you get a call from your post office to pay the duty.

Upon payment of the requite duty you will be given the parcel.

_______
Message 6 of 98
latest reply

Hello Thanks for prev reply ,but I still wanted to know about Customs duty for used Electronics articles[cameras.mobiles,etc].
Message 7 of 98
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
Duty on Cameras / Electronics - approx 38%
Message 8 of 98
latest reply

Hi,

Can you please tell me on what value is the Customs duty assessed for electronic items.
Is it on the value mentioned in the invoice(attached with parcel) or whatever Customs assesses in current Indian market value , irrespective of new/old.

Please let me know whether anyone managed to save tax by making as 'GIFT ITEM' !!

Thanks!
Message 9 of 98
latest reply

paras11
Community Member
HELLO,

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS THE RATE OF CUSTOM DUTY ON PDA CELL PHONES? THEIR IS DIFFRENT CUSTOM DUTY STRUCTURER ON PDA CELL PHONES AND ON GSM CELL PNONES?
THNAKS !

REGARDS.
Message 10 of 98
latest reply