cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ICCWORLD courier demands SALES TAX amt of 30% EXTRA to release item

shuva166
Community Member
Hello,
i have ordered (GEB - 390323740405 - HP DF820 8 inch Digital Picture Frame) from seller i2cworld_inc3 on 11th July (PaisaPay id 29374421050), seller shipped it through ICC WORLDWIDE courier on 15th of July.
I tracked ICCWORLD wide couriers site (www.iccworld.com) regularly and from 19th of July, the status become "HOLD FOR SALE-TAX FORMALITY".. initially i took it casually, then on 29th of July, i called courier's local office in kolkata, and they replied that YES, ur item is with us but our delivery van has been caught by Sales Tax department and will be released within 2 days and we will deliver ur item within 3th of August.
As i haven't get my item delivered, i called e-bay customer service on 4th of August and narrated her every minute detail. She told to resolve the issue within 5 days...
then on 5th August, today, i got a mail from paisapay that as i haven't claimed a refund, they are confirming the receipt of the item to me. moreover, i got a call from iccworld's mumbai office that I WILL HAVE TO PAY RS. 1468/-, i.e. 30% EXTRA IN ORDER TO RELEASE MY ITEM FROM THEM.. again i contacted with ebay customer support and they told me to lodge a CLAIM and i did that.

i want my item not my money back.

PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THE FUTURE PROCEDURE...
SHUVAJIT
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

sales.india
Community Member
all local taxes are to be borne by you..so please go ahead with payment of them
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

first of all to Send Any product to WB State Seller has to Send the product along with ST Form 50/51 with the product ( Above Rs 500 ), its Compulsory for all Trader or Individual to Follow the Rules .

As its Seller Duty to see the same As Buyer is not at all Educated Related to Tax rules , so its Seller Duty to pay all Tax As its not Buyers Duty , State Tax its Penalty Levi By Sales tax Dept due to Non Submission of form 50/51 by seller . so its not at all Buyer Duty to pay such TAX ( be noted There is no Entry Tax applicable in WB ).

Simply do not pay Any charges , go with Refund stating INR , Seller will Handle the issue from his side.

If u can Check with big sellers They always State in there listing about WB & UP state non delivery issue due to ST dept unnecessary form related issues.
---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

;)

---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

";)
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

sales.india
Community Member
form 50 is applicable on interstate transaction i.e between indian union territories but not from abroad.Hence re think on issue
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Contact ebay regarding this. Their Global Ebay FAQ clearly states that -

'Do I have to pay additional towards customs duties, import taxes etc?
No. When buying the item you make a single payment which covers all customs duties and applicable taxes.'

Since the item is not for resale and for non-commercial use, you should ask ebay to intervene.

Sales Tax department in a few states is just trying to generate some income for feeding themselves and the people in higher posts.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Dear huva166,

We would have someone from our Customer Support team reach out to you addressing your concerns over the item purchased.

Regards
Seema
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Dear shuva166,

Further to your telephonic conversation with our PaisaPay team trust this has been resolved.

In case of any account related issues, you can contact our Customer Support through any of the following channels -

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

Regards,
Seema
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

arijit2808
Community Member

Hi,

I booked one item- GEB - ***- New U8 Bluetooth Smart Wrist Watch on 8th Oct 2014 (PaisaPay ID:***) and received a mail from ebay on 14th Oct'14 that the Seller *** has shipped the item on 14-Oct-14 with below shipping details.

• Courier name: icc world wide
  • Airway Bill Details: ***

When I am trying to track this item at www.iccworld.com with above Airway Bill Number, message is coming "Airway Bill No Not found".

Please help in this matter.

Regards,

Arijit Choudhury

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I am experiencing the same situation here now. Ebay has messaged me that my item had been shipped by the International reseller i2c world on 21st October. I was also advised to track the movement of the item on ICC worldwide.com, using my paisapay id.

Till date I have not been able to track the item on the courier's web site. AWB Number not found is the message readily awaiting me when ever I try to track the item foe which I had paid for..

My numerous mails to the seller, their newyork office and to their Mumbai office (icc worldwide office Mumbai) have fallen on deaf ears. None bother to care even.

Ebay customer care service was prompt in sending a reply, urging me to be patient and wait for the dead line. The customer care service didnt forget to copy paste some irrelevant piece of information from their Global easy buy page.

@arijit2808 wrote:

Hi,

I booked one item- GEB - ***- New U8 Bluetooth Smart Wrist Watch on 8th Oct 2014 (PaisaPay ID:***) and received a mail from ebay on 14th Oct'14 that the Seller *** has shipped the item on 14-Oct-14 with below shipping details.

• Courier name: icc world wide
  • Airway Bill Details: ***

When I am trying to track this item at www.iccworld.com with above Airway Bill Number, message is coming "Airway Bill No Not found".

Please help in this matter.

Regards,

Arijit Choudhury

Message 9 of 9
latest reply