cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I know which products are eligible for claims?

My claim was recently rejected by ebay and the seller does not respond. I dont therefore know what is ebay's policy on which products do claims apply? Does anyone know..?

Buyer Claim request rejected by eBay Remarks : I have checked the details of your claim and have noticed that the item purchased by you is excluded from eligible transactions for filing a claim under eBay guarantee. Therefore, the claim filed by you falls under non-eligibility criteria. As a result, we have closed your claim and your request for refund has been rejected. For more information on the non-eligibility criteria to file a claim kindly check the below mentioned link: http: pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html#buyereligibility In this case, my best advice to you is to contact your Seller and resolve the matter amicably. Thank you for your precious time, have a nice day. Item Information Claim ID: 608774 PaisaPay ID: 36923990054 Item number: 171402893125 Seller ID: avs-traders Date claim opened: 15-08-2014

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

guna.vemu
Community Member

You can see the below prices stating Return Policy. (attached a Photo)

Normally Ebay Will See the buyers rating and no of Claims already 

availed and will process the claim.

The Bad Thing is that Ebay Staff calling to resolve an issue may have Clear Idea and

Engineering Knowledge about the appropriate product. Viz .Automobile parts , Electronics,

Camera, Home Decor items , Fashion items and will simply rely on sellers' CHANGABLE listing

and reject our claim. This must be understood and foreseen by Ebay.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks . Your explanation is perfect and lucid. In fact your statement on Engineering knowledge is very valid and in my case there lack or inablity to understand probably leads them to a poor decsion. 

I do hope someone from eBay is reading this.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply