cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Seller cheated out of nearly 50,000 Rs on a Transaction - Many Users Trapped

Hi patrons,

I've been a loyal customer of eBay for many years for now and in my history of 7 years online shopping, this is the first time I got frauded and that too to a sum of 50,000 by a seller.  When I placed the order, he had made smart and small selling and had a power seller badge when put up Samsung S7 Edge with VR for a deal of 50,000 Rs.  There were 22 units which were all sold out and everyone who bought received some crap broken phone and they're leaving feedback in his profile since then.  He made nearly 10+ lakh rupees and promising some nonsense on messages to refund within 7 to 10 days as he had shipped the original product and BlueDart, the courier partner has frauded.

I want to approach authorities and consumer court against eBay and this seller.  Senior members and eBay coordinators. please suggest further course of action.

Best,

R

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Fraud Seller cheated out of nearly 50,000 Rs on a Transaction - Many Users Trapped

satin_2007
Community Member

I have a similar experience.. but i have not made payment..so I am safe

I have won the ebay auction for the ebay item number 201560848601 (Samsung galaxy s7 edge). As per the ebay payment method, I had to make a payment of Rs 43,500 to complete my purchase. However the seller (punwad) has sent me an ebay msg as well as called me stating that the amount mentioned in ebay payment is not correct as the system generated invoice is only for Rs 35000.
He has also provided to me his bank account number and asked me to make a payment of Rs 35000 in order to buy the product.

Whnever I call/chat with Ebay team in order to confirm the validity of above, i am getting a standard response that ebay is just a platform for communication between buyer and seller. They are not even willing to check the seller profile.

Ebay needs to own some risks.. and do some cleanup.. rather then letting these fraud sellers listing the products. The seller which i mentioned is still listing his product.. not sure if new buyers will end up being a victim.

On a second thought.. how did the seller got my contact number in order to call me.. is my contact number in my profile visible to them.

This ebay platform is definitely not worth buying expensive items..

Be safe at ebay,

Sandip

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

ebay has safe answer to tell every buyer

ebay is just a platform for communication between buyer and seller.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply