cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor customer service - Frustrating !!

siye9634
Community Member

I had purchased a Phone on Ebay 5 days back. Erroneously I clicked on the Buy button and completed the payment without realising that the shipping address was my old address from where I have moved. I immediately went ahead and changed the address on  My ebay after which I spoke to your representative and the seller. Your representative assured me that the address that will reach the seller for dispatch will be the new address. However, on checking with the seller after the payment authorisation happened, I was told that the address in the package was still the old address ! After this, I have been speaking to your representatives almost thrice since the last 2 days and every time I was assured that the address change request is being forwarded to the Seller. I just now again spoke to the seller who mentioned that they have still not got an address change confirmation. I had also written an email to ebay to make sure that all these interactions are captured on mail - however, much to my surprise, I got an email reply saying that change in shipping address was not possible !! On speaking again to your call centre, I was assured that this message was sent out erroneously and the address change request will be communicated to the seller !! 

All in all, while it was my mistake to begin with, I have been left utterly frustrated and helpless - I am only hoping that the add change happens without any further delay and I receive the product at the earliest. 

I am shocked that an organisation that has experience in running such a large operation has fumbled so badly in managing a simple request.  I very much doubt if i will ever buy anything from ebay ever again - despite attractive pricing.  

Regards

Sriram (Ebay user id : siye9634)

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Extremely poor customer service - Frustrating !!

gsseth
Community Member

I agree that the EBAY GURANTEE is just an eyewash and does not protect the buyer if anything goes wrong with the purchase. 

My claim was closed eventhough I had replied to the email giving further details and photographs about the claim within 2 hours.

I was surprised to get an email later that " MY claim has been closed as I did not give addition information within 48 hours". This is a good technique to close the claims when the claim is genuine and I had given photographs , so there was no further scope of rejecting the claim. 

So guys "THE RISK IS ALL YOURS WHEN YOU PAY FOR A PURCHASE" Do not believe that ebay gurantee will do something in case the purchase goes bad.

ALL THE BEST WITH FUTURE PURCHASES!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply