Ebay sends fake discount coupons

bombaymusing2
Community Member
I have recieved discount coupons from Ebay plenty of time but none of them actually work. This is some kind of a scam i guess. They send you discount coupons . Even when you apply these coupons they show fine on your cart but when they redirect you to payment. It says some error and asks you login back 30 minutes later to use this coupon.
these coupons never work. Ebay is a big fraud.I am very unsattisfied and would certainly stp buying from ebay if this persists
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Dear bombaymusing2,

For us to help you further, request you to furnish us with the following information

- Coupon code
- Item you were trying to purchase
- Error while entering the coupon code

From your post, I can understand that your payment wasn't successful. Will be helpful if you can provide the error while inputting the coupon code.

Regards
Seema
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

jhumkip
Community Member
I had the same issue today..
I tried p[aying for myh purchase through netbanking however, when payment failed due to some security setting not updated with my bank account... i changed my setting and went back to use the coupon again.. I was asked to try after 30 minutes..
i tried twice.. and after that nothing happened when I tried Applying the coupon code...
NOTHING ZILCH.,..
I agree with bombaymusing2
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Dear jhumkip,

As mentioned earlier, can you please help me with the following information to help you further:

- Coupon code
- Item you were trying to purchase
- Error while entering the coupon code

From your post, I can understand that your payment wasn't successful. Will be helpful if you can provide the error while inputting the coupon code.

Regards
Seema
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

ananthrao06
Community Member
hey guys,

As per my knowledge whatever discount coupon provided by ebay, will have some time limits and should be used for particular product/sellers only. Till date i have not faced any concern using the discount coupons.

try again.

Cheers,
Ananth
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

coolguy_u15
Community Member
Discount coupons always works . its never fake . E bay is the only site i have trusted yet and everytime i puchase things through e bay are satisfactory
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

jaikumar1586
Community Member
Guyz ebay coupons, if you receive to your email Ids personally, will work 100% sure with in the given timeline provided by ebay. It never fails. Please have a talk to customer support for your queries. Ebay will never be a fake.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

viperrunn8
Community Member
HOW TO BUY EBAY GIFT COUPONS OR CARDS IN INDIA

IN EBAY.COM I CAN SEE THEY ARE SELLING THE GIFT CARDS FOR $25 AND $50. BUT THESE ARE ONLY FOR US CITIZENS
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

eshu420
Community Member
Hi I didn't get coupons from ebay , Please let me know how can we register for that . so I'll get the coupons too
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

sriman1659
Community Member

I too have the same experience. Many a times I receive ebay coupon codes on my email, but when I try to use it in the next purchase, it mostly says this code cannot be combined with this purchase or something similar to that effect. Funnily enough the coupon code does not state clearly conditions or ambit of purchase (except conditions apply disclaimer) and leaves the whole usage very ambigous. For example It happened to me yesterday, when I received a coupon to celebrate their 10 years wth 9% discount for purchase of above Rs. 1000. All I could make out was it was valid for the same day, on first come first serve basis (how would I know what it means) and not applicable on deals and discounted items (everything is discounted isn't it?). I tried to apply it for a 50k purchase I made, and as anticipated it rejected it. So I am stopping to pay any attention to this discount code which promises no discount.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply