cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not keeping gurantee claim promises| Taking shelter behind fine legal lines

spal2928
Community Member

Hi,

This is shashwata here , I had bought Sparco sterring wheel cover(161316570760) for my new car from ebay. I have been buying in ebay for a long time, and has been satisfied of the service provided. I recieved an old used damaged steering cover. I raised a eBay Guarantee* claim - 567894 and shared the photos with them. The person resolving my case was an ilbehaved lady named Sana  who didnt know to speak in english properly, yet imposed her thoughts on the customer who is going through bad time due to things bought from her site. She accepted the fact that was an old, used and a damaged product from the pictures but was not ready to arrange a pickup. Its difficult in my daily work life to go to a courier company and book the courier, but she was not ready to understand and was trying to make a case in favour of the seller. On requesting to talk to the floor supervisor, a nice guy came on the phone and seemed to empathise my situation but soon offered me a Rs. 300 discount coupon as a form of bribe to forgive and forget. When I refused and requested to drop me a mail that the product couldnt be replaced or the mone refunded without me shipping the product back, but this request of mine was turned down. I am utterly disghusted with the kind of people Ebay are hiring for serving their customer. I live in a metro city like Kolkata and they cant arrange pickup, god know what other excuse they are gonna make to save the seller, I plan to take this issue to consumerforum and all the legal options available. Its not a matter of Rs.1000, its a matter of service which people at ebay seems to be forgetting. Can any body in the forum help me understand what are my legal options other than consumer court.

Regards,

Shashwata

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay not keeping gurantee claim promises| Taking shelter behind fine legal lines

I had the very same experience. I had bought a Nexus LG which is 27K from worldflifht seller. There is an issue with the phone, which the seller is not ready to except. He is so rude that he told my husband "Jao pani peeke aao, phir mujhse baat karna". Inspite of calling him several times, he is not ready to do anything, The phone is under 1 year seller warrenty, still he is behaving so rudely.

I escalted this to eBay. Now they tell me that your gaurentee period has expired so we cant do anything. I was warned against buying such an expensive phone from eBay, but I still went ahead & bought it thinking that I am safe.

I am so disgusted with the seller & with eBay for not trying to help me. I will never buy anything from eBay & also spead this word.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply